Fargo Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Fargo

• zrim's Profile Photo

Granite City Brewery: Brewpub at the mall

by zrim Written Jul 24, 2003

Large tv screens showing sports all over the restaurant. Very loud music. Not a place for a special romantic dinner. However, if you just want a bite to eat and a couple of microbrews, it's not that bad.

I had the meatloaf sandwich with a bourbon barbecue sauce. The barbecue sauce was very ordinary.

They checked our ids before serving us beer (I'm 38 and Becky is 36).

Favorite Dish: The buffalo wing wontons--shredded chicken with celery and blue cheese wrapped in a wonton. Very creative and very good.

microbrewery

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Fryn' Pan: Breakfast Friendly

by riorich55 Updated Sep 16, 2010

Having arrived in Fargo the night before on Labor Day and having had dinner with another VT member Donna_in_India, I had a half day to explore before I had to begin work in the afternoon. Therefore I decided I would explore a little more and find a place outside the hotel where the locals would go for breakfast. Came across the Fryn' Pan which I found out has about 5 locations through the Dakota's and a few in the Fargo area.

The restaurant was pretty crowded around 8:45 a.m. in the morning when I arrived. Besides the normal tables there were 2 more private rooms. 1 room had a number of local farmers and the other had a room of local businessmen. How could I tell the groups apart? Believe me when you come to smaller towns in the Midwest it is easy depending on how they dress.

The restaurant is open 24 hours a day, so obviously serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had a combination of a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries which was very good and a plate of 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and 2 pieces of wheat toast. Nothing spectacular, but it was what I had a taste for this morning. I had a young server who unfortunately was not all that friendly and looked a little taken aback when I had her repeat something that I couldn't hear.

A Place for Motorcyclist

• steedappeal's Profile Photo

Kroll's Diner West Fargo: Don't miss the knoeplfla...

by steedappeal Written Sep 9, 2007

Vintage diner car. Relaxed ambiance, attentive local service. Very reasonable prices. Best known for its knoeplfla regional dumpling soup which you can also order to go by the bucket.

Favorite Dish: Knoepfla dumpling soup and chicken steak dinner special.

Granite City: Yummy Food at Granite City

by my2kids Written Apr 16, 2005

Just ordering a burger from here will fill you up. I always end up taking 1/2 of my burger home because I can't eat it all.

Food is very good. I'm not a beer drinker but if you are they have their own brewery right in house.

Favorite Dish: I always enjoy the Bedda Chedda Bacon Burger; Half-pound of lean ground beef topped with homemade BBQ sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and thickly cut smokehouse bacon. Charbroiled to order and served on a grilled sesame bun for $8.29.

If your looking for a buffalo burger they serve that too.

But they serve up more than burgers. You'll find salads, pasta dishes, Steaks, Chicken, and fish. Lots of things to choose from. And if you can't decide try eating there on Sunday and have their buffet Brunch.

• Beer Tasting

• The Fargo Dog House: No, it's not a restaurant for dogs.

by benfergy Written May 30, 2003

The Fargo Dog house specializes in hot dogs, sandwiches, and other similar types of food. This is also sort of a sports hangout and is the only one in Fargo to celebrate the Packers (the rest of the town is Viking crazy). Summed up, it's a good, inexpensive restaurant that has food for everyone. I recommend it highly.

Favorite Dish: I tried the chili , it's terffic. I myself have not had the hot dogs or bratwursts, but from what I've heard they are terrific.

• School Holidays

• nolson's Profile Photo

Henry's: Don't Miss Fern!

by nolson Updated Mar 26, 2003

Henry's serves traditionalSkarvenian food, ulcha nocca, ferna gloeke, and fensterglazze!
    Skura toch!!!!

Favorite Dish: Ferna gloeke, as prepared by Henry's sister Fern. It melts in your mouth...and most everywhere else for that matter.

Fern & Flora F'nuzzi

• sketchyhand's Profile Photo

Cajun Cafe: Cajun Cuisine....In Fargo?

by sketchyhand Written Oct 22, 2002

The Cajun Cafe has a lack of atmosphere since it was the old VFW, however, the food is very tasty and quite unique. You can get real Alligator egg rolls, Frog legs, Gumbo, Craw dads and Jumbilia.

Favorite Dish: The popcorn craw dads in a po boy is very good.

• sketchyhand's Profile Photo

The best place to eat in Fargo...

by sketchyhand Written Sep 8, 2002

The best place to eat in Fargo is Grand Junction East Coast Style sandwiches. Not the greatest atmosphere, but the food does all the talkin.
    The best thing is that they cook it on a griddle right in front of you. I have never seen people handle spatulas that fast!

Favorite Dish: I recommend the junction delight however all of the sandwiches are good depending on you tastes.

• Redlats's Profile Photo

We were never impressed!

by Redlats Updated Nov 7, 2002

We were never impressed with the restaurants in Fargo/Moothead. Sure the MacDonalds and Burger Kings are their normal selves, but we could not find Chinese, Vietnamese or Italian restaurants anything like the restaurants in Winnipeg
    We did not go to Fargo for the food.
    Now I must caution readers to say we have not gone to Fargo for the weekend for about five years now, so perhaps the situation has changed. I have received an email in VT from a new continental restaurant in Moorhead (across the Red River from Fargo) - Sarello's. We will have to try them next time we visit.

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Chili’s: Burger Bar

by grayfo Written Mar 25, 2011

Chili's Grill & Bar started life as a fun Dallas burger restaurant and is now a chain of more than 1400, mostly located in the United States and Canada. Chili's is currently owned by Brinker International, which also owns Maggiano's Little Italy. In line with a longstanding tradition, every single Chili's restaurant hangs one dining room photo upside down.

I had previously had a meal at a “Chili’s too” at Minneapolis airport so had an idea what type of food and quality to expect

Monday to Thursday: 11.00 am to 10.00 pm
    Friday and Saturday: 11.00 am to 11.00 pm
    Sunday: 11.00 am to 10:00 pm

email chiliscorp@chilis.fbmta.com

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Old Timer (Burger with mustard and red onion served with fresh lettuce, tomato and homestyle fries) – $6.89

Diet Coke - $0.99 (If ordered with meal)

• grayfo's Profile Photo

Denny's: Dining at Denny's

by grayfo Written Mar 29, 2011

An established franchise that’s been in existence for over 50 years Denny’s is best known for its breakfasts served around the clock. Dress code is casual but the meals are very good value for money. A restaurant without the trimmings and the fuss but with very friendly staff.

March 2011

Favorite Dish: Santa Fe Skillet (Crumbled Chorizo sausage, fire-roasted peppers and onions, mushrooms and seasoned red skinned potatoes topped with two eggs cooked to order) - $5.99

Diet Coke

Olive Garden: When you're here; You're family -

by my2kids Written Apr 16, 2005

One of the only places in North Dakota you will find an Olive Garden. When we first moved from Bismarck to Fargo - I just had to have Olive Garden all the time.

If you love Italian food - this place is a must stop place to eat.

Favorite Dish: I always enjoy their Chicken Parmigana or Chicken Fettucini Alfredo with their signature salad and breadsticks.

Many times I buy their salad dressing to take home. It's wonderful - and I'm usually a French Dressing gal sort of gal all the way.

With unlimited refills of the salad and breadsticks to go along with your meal you won't go away hungry after eating here.

Don't forget to leave room for their Black Tie Cheese cake - it's heavenly. If you don't have room do what I do -take it home and eat it later.

When You're Here - You're Family

• Toscana: The Best Food I've Ever Eaten!

by presdev Written Dec 27, 2007

I went to Toscana restaurant today at 202 N Broadway, downtown Fargo, ND. The Chef / Owner is Italian from Tuscany and he makes the best Italian food I've ever had in my life! If you're ever in Fargo, I suggest going.

Favorite Dish: I had the Tortelloni Al Vodka, it was Perfect!

• Business Travel

Bennigans: After 9PM Budget Feast

by my2kids Written Nov 1, 2006

This past year I have come to find that you can't beat going to Bennigans after 9PM to meet up with your friends and get your fill of yummy eats. You can always order half price appetizers whether your sitting in the bar or the restaurant. Something they won't let you do at TGIF! and there is always some bar special going on daily.

One thing that makes this place even greater is that it is a totally non-smoking bar and grill. It's nice to enjoy cheap eats without having to sit in second hand smoke all night.

Favorite Dish: Us gals can never decide exactly what to get so we we order up a little of just about everything. Mozzarella Sticks, Potato Skins (You can ever order them with Chicken instead of bacon), The Irish Haystack (which are very thin sliced onions that are battered and fried - YUMMY! served in a mound that resembles a haystack). My all time favorite item to order would have to be the GLAZED SHRIMP - if you order this after 9PM at the Fargo location it's considered an appetizer and it's heavenly for the $3.75 price!! I swear I'm addicted to that glaze they put on there. Don't like shrimp have no fear they also serve boneless chicken wings with the same sauce also very good.

If you skip the drinks and just order water or a pop - you can easily eat for cheap after nine and still take home some of the goodies to eat later!

• Business Travel

Speak Easy: Go back to the 1920's Gangster Era

by my2kids Updated Apr 4, 2011

If your looking for a little bit of something different in atmosphere check out the Speak Easy Resturaunt just across the Fargo -North Dakota Border in Moorhead, MN.

Offering Italian and American foods - Your sure to find something that appeals to you.

Favorite Dish: I enjoy the Chicken Parmigiano - but there are many other dishes that are good.

Don't need a password to get in here.

Instant Answers: Fargo

Comments

Fargo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fargo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fargo sightseeing.