Fargo Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Fargo

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Ride the Bus Around town

by riorich55 Updated Sep 17, 2010

When I was in town I did notice a few buses going to and fro and then saw this advertisement on a bench, so I figured even though I didn't have a need to ride the bus maybe others who did come to the Fargo-Moorhead area might have the need, so I thought I would drop a few lines of information so that you could be prepared.

The website lists routes for both Fargo and Moorhead. Especially in the winter months when it can get really cold up here, this would be another alternative to get from point A to point B.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Small, Compact, Convenient

by riorich55 Updated Sep 16, 2010

Bi-Plane Inside Fargo Hector Airport

Hooray, I'm able to leave earlier on a Friday, to fly from Fargo to Chicago. I won't have to deal with the late Friday afternoon hassles at O'Hare. As I write this tip from the Fargo Airport - Hector Field let me tell you a little bit about the place.

1) I've flown into Fargo at least a half dozen times now. They have 6 gates and in the 8 years since my first flight they have increased 50% from 4 to 6 gates and added several airlines and flights.

2) You can get through security fairly quickly, but they are extremely thorough. This morning I had to take off my belt and watch as they set off the security alarm. At Chicago O'Hare I never have a problem with this watch and belt. They also put my briefcase back though the scanner and hand checked my business computer. They are friendly, but secure.

Security Update: OK this was a new one. Going through security 2 days ago, they had to put my camera/camcorder bag through the scanner 3 times. When they had finally checked and approved that indeed the bag only contained a camera/camcorder I asked what they think they saw with the scanner. The one person said the lady manning the scanner didn't like it that my camera was positioned sideways, instead of sitting down in the bag.

3) The rental cars are just outside the exit. This process is also a breeze, except you might get wet as I did this morning from the rain.

4) Along with the increase in air traffic they have increased the passenger terminal area and have free WiFi which I'm using as I write this while waiting in the quiet and comfortable passenger area.

5) Had a great dinner last night that I couldn't finish. I asked a lady at a little snack bar area if I could store my boxed food in her frig until I had to leave. No problem.

I really like small airports.

Pictures will be added when I get home.

• Business Travel

• Redlats's Profile Photo

You need a car!

by Redlats Updated May 17, 2004

map of Fargo

You need a car - things are a ways from each other, and the city is not big enough for buses to take you where you want to go.

I should qualify that. There are 10 bus routes in the city's transit system, but as for all smaller cities, they will not be very convenient.

• bdwoot's Profile Photo

The only way to get to Fargo...

by bdwoot Written Aug 25, 2002

The only way to get to Fargo is by car or plane. There is little to attract one to Fargo unless you have relatives here or are on business.
    Rent a car, no question. The bus service is excellent considering how small a city it is, but is for locals only, practically speaking.

Instant Answers: Fargo

Comments

Fargo Transportation

Reviews and photos of Fargo transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fargo sightseeing.