Places to eat in North Dakota

Sunday morning diners

Most Viewed Restaurants in North Dakota

Thor's and the Old Mill: Very Good Bar and Grill in Fort Ransom

by Basaic Written Mar 16, 2012

Thor's is a very nice bar and grill in the historic area of Fort Ransom. The menu was surprisingly varied with everything from pub food to steak, chicken and seafood. Since it is also a bar you can also shoot pool and throw darts (and drink). The atmosphere was nice as were the people. The waitress was cute too. Very popular with bikers. Hours 1 PM to "Closing".

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Tilapia Dinner Special. Well prepared and filling enough.

• Beer Tasting

China Doll: Decent Chinese Food in Dickinson

by Basaic Updated Mar 16, 2012

After trying to get a nice motel room and ending up in a substandard one, I looked for a place to eat. I did not see too many choices near the motel and did not want to spend much time looking, so I stopped at this Chinese Restaurant. There is no buffet, you order off the menu. The food was pretty good and the service acceptable. Not a bad choice, but not great either, for dining in Dickinson.

Favorite Dish: The Garlic Chicked was pretty good.

Great Wall Buffet: Nice China Buffet in Grand Forks

by Basaic Written Mar 16, 2012

If you are looking for a nice Chinese Buffet Restaurant, this place is not bad. They had a fairly decent selection and they brought out fresh food fairly often. Not the best I've had but certainly acceptable. Decent price at $8.30.

Favorite Dish: Black Bean Chicken and seafood dishes.

Country Kitchen: Better Home Cooking in Casselton

by Basaic Written Mar 16, 2012

After a long hard day of traveling and hiking, I was ready for some good food. I stopped at the Country Kitchen and ordered some Hearty Calico Bean Soup. The soup had a wide variety of beans and some ham. It was served in a large bowl with some nice bread on the side. Service was good too. The Hearty Calico Bean Soup was well prepared, tasty and plentiful.

Favorite Dish: The Hearty Calico Bean Soup and the bread was very good.

JaBR's: Decent Family Restaurant in Bowman

by Basaic Written Mar 16, 2012

JaBRs: JaBR's is a family style restaurant with home-style cooking. I had meatloaf which was well presented, and the portions were good. The food was very tasty but the service was below par. Overall, I would give an average and would try another place on my next visit.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Sarello's: Fantastic Dining in an Intimate Setting

by riorich55 Updated Jan 27, 2011

On my first business visit to the Fargo/Moorhead area 9 years ago I asked the lady sitting next to me on the plane to recommend a nice non-chain restaurant in the area. She said there was a place behind the mall in downtown Moorhead that use to be an old coffee and pie shop, but that I would have to drive a way from Fargo to get there. When I asked her how far away she mentioned across the Red River in Moorhead which turned out to be about 10 minutes from my hotel. I haven't regretted asking her since and every chance I get to go to Fargo on business I make sure to stop in here. It is one of my top 10 all time restaurants serving a wide variety of excellent Northern Italian food. On my first visit the owner Anthony Nasello actually sat with me for about 10 minutes and I found out him and his wife use to be executive chefs on a crusie line. The service is always first rate and every dish I have ever had has been a delight to my palate.

UPDATE: My last visit to Fargo/Moorhead was back in September, 2010. While I was there I went to Sarello's on 2 seperate nights making it my 6th and 7th visits to Sarello's. Food was fantastic as always, as well as the atmosphere and staff. Can't wait to find some excuse to get back to Fargo/Moorhead again for another tasting.

Favorite Dish: The cheese stuffed ravioli in a lobster sauce has been my recommended dish. Be sure to save room for the decadent desserts. My latest dessert was a wonderful Peaches and Cream Bread Pudding. Peaches were fresh from Colorado and the Armaretto Sauce was just out of this world. All the dishes at Sarello's are just the right size leaving you full but not stuffed. I usually have a glass of wine, soup or salad, main course and always save room for the desserts. Oh yeah, the soup tonight was a wonderful asparagus and blue cheese. Not too heavy on the blue cheese and a perfect blend.

And check out there fine selection of wines. On my last meals I had the staff recommend the wine choices to go along with dinner. Excellent pairings and some great recommendations for our trip to Napa Valley in October, 2010.

• Business Travel

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Hooters - Bismarck, ND

by Ewingjr98 Written Jul 8, 2009

We were staying at a nearby Fairfield Inn, and there were not too many nearby restaurant options. We decided that Hooters was good enough... besides, we wanted to watch the Pittsburgh Penguins game that was on Verus that night, and Hooters usually has sports. We arrived around 8pm and grabbed a table that had a good view of one of their numerous TV and they were happy to change the channel for us.

We started with two of Budweiser's new American Ale ($3.75), but decided to move on to the Boulevard Wheat in a big glass for $4.75. For our meals I had the buffalo chicken sandwich, my favorite here since about 1996 ($8.50). Dad had the sliders, or "ultimate training burgers" as they are described on Hooters menu ($9). Food was average, waitresses looked like they were from North Dakota or Siberia, but the hockey was good. Our long walk to and from the hotel was frigid... as you'd expect in North Dakota.

• Florida999's Profile Photo

Space Aliens Bar and Grill: Aliens!!

by Florida999 Written Aug 25, 2006

We went to this restaurant in Fargo, North Dakota and had lunch. It had very interesting decorations. The entire restaurant has an alien theme, and I would highly recommend it for people with children especially. The food was pretty good, but nothing special, your standard burgers,fries, pizza, ribs.

I think this place would be perfect for Universal Studios in Orlando!

• Kawarimono's Profile Photo

Ground Round: Great food!

by Kawarimono Updated May 12, 2003

Absolutely fabulous food and environment. If your looking for a great place to dine and have a great time, this is the place to go.

Favorite Dish: I don't really have a favorite dish, I love everything they have to offer. I love trying new things each time I go.

• charlize's Profile Photo

Eat at 'Grandma's' in Fargo....

by charlize Written Sep 12, 2002

Eat at 'Grandma's' in Fargo. It is SO good I wish they had one everywhere!

Favorite Dish: They have HUGE onion rings and that is only ordering the 'small portion', I couldn't imagine ordering the large. All around their food is delicious.

• pipsqueak's Profile Photo

Kroll's Kitchen in Bismarck.: Kroll's Kitchen in Bismarck.

by pipsqueak Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite Dish: Knoephla Soup or Fleischkuechle. These are two of the poplular Russian-German comfort foods. Knoephla Soup is kind of a cream of potato soup with dough dumplings in it, very filling. Fleischkuechle is a deep-fried piece of flat dough topped with spicy hamburger or other meat.

• jenny's Profile Photo

There are a couple.1....

by jenny Written Aug 24, 2002

There are a couple.
    1. Perkins
    2.Mexican Village

Favorite Dish: Perkins:Always open, great Caesar's salad, ice cream with brownies, and Chocolate Silk Pie
    Mexican Village: Fried ice crem, and free snacks with your drink

Perkin's: Nice Family Restaurant in Grand Forks

by Basaic Written Mar 16, 2012

Perkins is a chain restaurant with family-style cooking and excellent baked goods. The food was well-prepared and tasty. Service was good too.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my fish and chips but wish it wasn't fried.

North Dakota Hotels

1 Review - 1 Photo
Grand Forks Hotels
39 Reviews - 60 Photos

Instant Answers: North Dakota

Comments

North Dakota Restaurants

Reviews and photos of North Dakota restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North Dakota sightseeing.
Map of North Dakota