Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Restaurants

• Boots Bar & Grill formally the Iron  Horse Saloon
    Boots Bar & Grill formally the Iron ...
    by KimberlyAnn

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Boots Bar & Grill: Prime Time or Winters

by KimberlyAnn Updated Jul 9, 2014

Boots Bar & Grill formally the Iron  Horse Saloon

Boots Bar and Grill was formally The Iron Horse Saloon and Restaurant. It has changed hands, but I was unable to update my photos, as it was too dark at the time. The building looks the same, however, except the outside sign has been changed. This restaurant was, and still is a local favorite. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and is one of the few business that is open year long, although sometimes they drop breakfast during the off season. The menu includes buffalo steaks, beef steaks, hamburgers and buffalo burgers, barbequed ribs, pan seared walleye, salmon, shrimp, chicken, hotdogs, and a variety of appetizers. You will also find a number sandwiches, including this unusual one, a Fleischkeuchle, which is ground beef and pork, seasoned with pepper and onions, wrapped in bread dough and deep fried. Or you may choose from a number of soups and salads. They also offer baskets with French fires, and your choice of chicken, shrimp, or steak fingers. There is also a children’s menu available. During warm months there is seating both inside, and on a screened in porch (see photo 2).

Warning: I heard a negative comment about this restaurant from a friend who stopped there mid summer. For some reason a waitress had opened the door to the screened in porch, and a large number of flies had come into the restaurant. I have only eaten here one time, when I was dissatisfied. The steak was cooked the way I like it, but the cut was poor, with some gristle in it. My husband, on the other hand, was dissatisfied once when the cut was good, but it was over cooked. Generally speaking, however, this is a pleasant experience.

Favorite Dish: We have eaten here many times, and until last time, I had always gotten the buffalo steak with au gratin potatoes. This is not the best buffalo steak I have ever eaten, but it is quite good, and at a lower price than the better cuts I have had in higher priced restaurants in Cody, Wyoming and Billings, Montana. Last time we were here, I tried the walleye, and it was very good, not to mention a lot cheaper than the buffalo steak. This may become my new item to get at the Boots and Bar Grill.

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Marquis de Mores Ice Cream: The perfect cold treat

by HasTowelWillTravel Written Oct 5, 2009

After a long hike on the trail or canoe down the river, come into town and enjoy a nice cold treat. The Marquis de Mores Ice Cream Parlor is a pretty little place in the historic downtown area. Sit back and enjoy the ice cream which is made right in the town. The cookies & cream is fabulous. Or have a shake, malt, or sundae from the same flavors.

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Bonanza Restaurant: Vegetables & Fruit offered here

by 807Wheaton Updated Sep 19, 2009

We ate here both nights we were staying at the Comfort Inn. They had a variety of vegetables and salads and fresh fruit on their food bar. We paid $6.99 for the food bar. This did not include drinks, but it did include some meat, and dessert and a cup of coffee.
    We were impressed by how people there seemed genuinely interested in us and wanted to make sure we had a good meal. It was good and it was busy. We saw lots of 3 generation families in there. It was very pleasant and I would surely recommend it for a good place to stop during a road trip.

• Seniors
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park

Comments

Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park sightseeing.

View all Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park hotels