Cincinnati Tourist Traps

• stoney13's Profile Photo

Kings Island

by stoney13 Updated Sep 9, 2004

ha, ha!

Ah, good ol' Kings Island! One of my favorite places to go growning up! living 20 minutes away, I was a junkie. Its crazy, its crowded, its annoying, its over priced, but gosh darn it, It is so much fun!!!!!!! I mean, it has The Beast, one of the best rollercoasters in the world! and Spongebob Squarepants 3D! So if ya like amusement Parks, this place is awesome. The pic is of me and my friend on the The Beast, I don't know who the guy who in front is, or what I'm doing,but it makes for a funny photo!

Unique Suggestions: hey, its a tourist trap, but it is so much fun you should get trapped for there for at least 5 hours. If you end up there, make sure to get blue ice cream in the kiddie area! Oh, make sure you drink lots of water if its real hot out. Last time I was there me and my friend both fainted from dehydration. I'm such a roller coaster junkie I forgot my fluids!

• Theme Park Trips

• KaiM's Profile Photo

Make sure to know where you want to go

by KaiM Written Jan 24, 2003

After visiting a night game of the Cincinnati Bearcats basketball team I wanted to head to my hostel by city bus. Unfortunately I took the wrong bus and ended up at a bus station in a bad part of the city. Windows were broken, grafities covered almost every wall. And me standing alone at 11 pm at the bus station with the next bus not leaving until 30 minutes later. I have to admit that I was kind of scared. During my waiting time, five times poorly dressed people coming out of dark alleys walked up to me. But all of them were kind of nice and warned me about the area. They all asked whether I needed help and they all gave me the advise not to walk around but to stay in the light and wait for the bus. Somehow this experience was even a positive one with so many friendly people in that bad area at nighttime. Finally the right bus arrived and I headed out of the area feeling really relieved.

• CJD68's Profile Photo

No real tourist traps. If you...

by CJD68 Written Aug 24, 2002

No real tourist traps. If you are interested in any activity, the price you'll be charged is typically fair. If you enjoy amusement parks, Kings Island is worth the $35-40. If you like live concerts, Riverbend tickets are worth $30-60. Some restaurants are a little pricey - Maisonette, The Precinct - but they have good food.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Horse Buggy

by frankcanfly Written Dec 3, 2004

Not many real tourist traps in this city actually, but these Horse Rides are always quite expensive.

This photo was taken outside of Newport on the Levy.

Instant Answers: Cincinnati

Comments

Cincinnati Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Cincinnati tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cincinnati sightseeing.