Know about this? Rate It!
Opened in 1890, it connects Euclid Ave. with Superior Ave. The building consist of three structures. A 9-story office tower on Euclid Ave, a five story arcade of glass and steel connecting to a 9-story office (now hotel) on Superior. The north or Superior Ave. end is a floor lower than the Euclid Ave end, creating two main concourses connecting end to end. Numerous shops line the arcade and delightful food vendors offer unique lunches in a relaxing atmosphere. At Christmas the interior is decorated with festive colors and wreaths. At lunch a organist has been known to play carols from the central crossing adding a note of joyousness to your shopping experience.
Built by a shipmaker, the Euclid Arcade is as unique a structure as you'll find any where in the country. Soaring five floors above the main walkway, the arcade is the earliest example of the modern shopping mall. Stores line the lower two floors and office lined the upper floors, all with a view into the atrium and the bustle below. Today, the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcade is located at the Superior Ave end and uses the upper floors for guest rooms.
- Historical Travel
The Free Stamp Sculpture. Ok,...
The Free Stamp Sculpture. Ok, so if you ask any Clevelander about this they will probably groan. It is a giant sculpture that the city was given, got stuck with if you ask a Clevelander, that has high amusement value. It is campy and fun and worth a look. It is in front of one of the city government buildings closer to the lake. Ask anyone on the street and they will point the way. (as well as look at you strangely)
Be sure to notice the early 20th century buildings
Cleveland was built up in the 1920's and much of the archetecture shows it. Keep your eyes open for little delights!!!
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Cleveland Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Gebeng Hotels
- Reno Hotels
- Hat Yai
- Calamba Hotels
- Beverly Hills Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path