Metropolitan Cafe, Cleveland

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

• It was windy; the best shot that I could get!
    It was windy; the best shot that I could...
    by erikatheskysailor
  • erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

Metropolitan Cafe: Classy and modern.

by erikatheskysailor Written Nov 8, 2004

It was windy; the best shot that I could get!

Well, I really liked this restaurant. :) It's classy, modern, romantic and features some interesting artowrk but it's not all over the restuarant. The lighting is mild but not fully 'dim' and there was music (I can't remember what but it was fun) playing but I can't remember if it was from speakers or from the bar. Anyway, it was busy and crowded that night but we were seated right away. The service was attentive, as well. As for the menu, it's largely seafood but but has a few non-seafood dishes. It's not an expansive menu but seemed to offer decent choices, regardless. It's a place where you'd probably be best with reservations on a weekend night. Perhaps we got lucky to be seated so quickly. Anyway, the place is classy, hip and will help start off a night out in style.

Favorite Dish: I had a chicken pasta that normally came with marinara sauce but the chef(s) made me a parmasean cream sause instead. It was creamy and the chicken was perfect; even a breaded crust. It was an excellent dish.

Instant Answers: Cleveland