The Winking Lizard, Cleveland

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

The Winking Lizard: Eats and drinks

by Herkbert Written Jul 1, 2008

The Winking Lizard Logo

The Winking Lizard is located just a couple blocks away from Progressive Field and also just a couple blocks away from our hotel. They have an extensive menu of beers and also lots of choices for good sandwiches, salads and burgers at reasonable prices.

The food was all of high quality. There were six of us and everyone enjoyed their meal. From the rueben to the pulled pork and the burgers, everything was cooked to order and the portions were not skimpy.

The Winking Lizard takes up almost a whole block and is quite popular in the evenings after a ball game. You'll have lots of other people to celebrate a victory or drown your sorrows with.

Favorite Dish: 32oz beers for only $4.00. Any questions? :-)

• edmeyer83's Profile Photo

The Winking Lizard Tavern: Check out the Lizard!

by edmeyer83 Updated Apr 4, 2008

In March 2007, we went to Cleveland and I was told we HAD to go to the Winking Lizard and my buddy that told me that was right! Everything we ordered was pretty good and they had a ton of drinks to choose from. They also have a Merchandise stand with t-shirts, BBQ sauce and other items. I bought the Winking Lizard bobblehead and BBQ sauce - pretty good sauce. I was slightly upset that you couldn't buy a shot glass, but the waitress informed us that we get to keep the shot glass if we order the shot of the day for $6, so that worked out great! I liked the Chicken Parmesan sandwich and the wings and my girlfriend liked the french fries and the bottomless coke. By that I mean that the waitress was really quick at getting us refills and anything we needed. The Winking Lizard has 14 Ohio locations (as of 4/4/08) and several of these are near Cleveland. The one we went to was in Independence, Ohio. On Friday and Saturday, the kitchen is open until 1 AM and the bar is open until 2 AM.

Favorite Dish: We loved the shot of the day/keep the shot glass thing. I remember loving the wings and the BBQ sauce I got on them. I liked the sauce so much that I bought a bottle of it to go home with me.

• Singles

Instant Answers: Cleveland

Comments

Hotels Near The Winking Lizard
3.0 out of 5 stars