Cleveland Shopping

The Arcade, Downtown Cleveland
    by tvdandy

Most Recent Shopping in Cleveland

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

Colonial Marketplace: Quiet place to shop or dine.

by erikatheskysailor Updated Jul 1, 2004

I love the ceiling...

At the Colonial Marketplace you'll find a multitude of reatailers. You'll see a similar setup/design as the Arcade, only... on a slight smaller scale. There's an art gallery, some cafes and restaurants, some boutiques and such. It's usually more vacant than the Arcade.

What to buy: There are a few local artists in the CM; perhaps a unique piece of Cleveland art.

What to pay: For the cafes and restaurants: average priced to slightly above. For the retailers and boutiques, most likely above average to expensive.

• erikatheskysailor's Profile Photo

????

by erikatheskysailor Updated Mar 26, 2004

If you want alot of good choices in one place, I recommend The Avenue inside Tower City Center, within the Terminal Tower, on Public Square. The Galleria on E9th St. serves as the rival of TCC, but they're going under, little by little... many shops there have closed but the place is busy on weekdays during lunch breaks for people.

What to buy: There's Daffy Dan's on E 9th St, and they sell alot of Cleveland merchandise; most of which has to do with the history of the city, sports teams, cultural centers, etc. There's other stores around downtown that also sell such merchandise, but DD's is a major location. Of course, a sounvenier from the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is always a good choice, in my opinion. :)

What to pay: Dunno, I don't have many Cleveland souveniers, being that I live here, nor do I have a great need for many. :)

• where2next's Profile Photo

Many to Choose From: Tower City

by where2next Written Sep 2, 2003

Tower City

Tower City resides downtown in what used to be a railroad station. They have done a nice job of converting it to a mall.

Cleveland has a couple above ground mass transit trains. These originate at Tower City spur off in each direction of the city. Hence, it's possible to take mass transit to the mall.

• blaird's Profile Photo

Buying Shoes in the early 1900's

by blaird Updated Apr 30, 2003

The famous shoes

For my grandmother's solemn communion she needed shoes, besides the old beat up ones she wore every day. For this event, my great grandfather took my grandmother to a local merchant that was a family friend.

My grandmother's story goes on that they (my grandmother, my great grandfather, and the merchant) went to a large back room to look at shoes. My grandmother said she quickly saw a pair of white leather shoes that she immediately fell in love with. My great grandfather, having a very soft spot for my grandmother, bought the shoes immediately.

As my grandmother and her father got home, my great grandmother took a look at the shoes in her daughter's hands and exploded. She was upset that my great grandfather bought such an expensive pair of shoes when the family was tight on cash. At this, I guess my great grandfather whispered to his daughter not to worry about having the shoes and told her to put the shoes in her room.

It seems my great grandmother controlled the home, unless my great grandfather felt very strongly about something. He so wanted her to have the white leather shoes, and she did.

• Tinci's Profile Photo

Wal*mart

by Tinci Written Sep 19, 2004

Always Wal*mart. . . you can get everything you want, from shoes to jewelry to food and drink. . . and everything on low prices.

Instant Answers: Cleveland

Comments

Cleveland Shopping

Reviews and photos of Cleveland shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cleveland sightseeing.