Columbus Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Columbus

• TravelinMissy's Profile Photo

Game Works: Watch the Game & Eat Great

by TravelinMissy Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you go into Game Works & go down the stairs, you'll see a bar and all these video games that you can play. Behind the bar is a "Screening Room" with a big-screen TV and leather couches. Go in there sit down, watch the game. A waitor/waitress will come in and give you menus. You can order food & drinks while you sit on leather couches in a private room while watching the game.

**********************************
    GameWorks is like nowhere else. Each location is uniquely designed to merge entertainment and social interaction with state-of-the-art technology. Guests can eat, drink, party and play amidst the latest in high-tech interactive entertainment in a dynamic and energetic atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: We found this place when we were trying to watch the Browns - Eagles game earlier this year. I had a grilled BBQ chicken sandwich. It was really good. Serivce was really good too.

Game Works

Tumbleweed Southwest Grill: Tex-Mex done right

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

Tumbleweed Southwest Grill offers Tex-Mex cuisine along with mesquite grilled steaks, chops, chicken and seafood.

Favorite Dish: We started off with an appetizer called a Taste of Texas (buffalo chicken tenders, baby back ribs, Arizona eggrolls, southwest fries, Texas toothpicks with buffalo sauce and chipotle ranch dressing).

Next, we ordered a bowl of Potato Soup (creamy potato soup with colby cheese and bacon).

For my entree, I selected the Peppercorn Steak Salad (greens, tomatoes, sliced sirlion steak topped with chipotle ranch dressing).

Fuddruckers: World's Greatest Hamburgers

by spartan Updated Apr 4, 2011

THis is the place to experience mouth-watering burgers! They are made to order and huge, so you won't go home hungry.

Favorite Dish: Try anyone of the following burgers: BBQ Rock (cheddar, bacon, and bbq), Triple Cheese (monterey jack, cheddar, and swiss), Blue Moon (blue cheese sauce and crispy onions), Southwest (bacon, monterey jack, guacamole), "The Works" (american cheese, bacon and mushrooms). To go along with the burgers, you have a choice of Fudd Fries, Cole Slaw or BBQ Beans.

Max & Erma's: A better place to eat

by spartan Written Feb 25, 2011

Favorite Dish: Just arrived in Columbus and met up with my brother at the restaurant where he works. Was looking for a meal that would warm me up, so had the Tortilla Soup (their secret recipe chicken cheese soup with a spicy kick, topped with cheddar, Monterey Jack & freshly made tortilla strips and a side of buttery garlic bread).

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Columbus Brewing Company: every place has a bad night.. but nice atmosphere

by gkitzmil Written Jul 21, 2010

So I am on a brewpub tour in Columbus and this is actually my third stop of the day. But I've paced myself and await the trial of more good beer. I was told by a manager to arrive early as they had all reservations that night so I do and I sit at the bar. The place is very busy. I order the beers (a flight, or taste of each beer).

I can see they are having carbonation issues. As a brewer I know what that can be.

I get the samples.... warmer than expected and not full.

It is very clear the refrigeration system is not operating correctly and the beer is not pourting right. The male bartender might as well have told me to kiss his hindquarters from the lack of interest but I try to understand.

The beer is.... well... okay. I came to town to judge beer for the Ohio State Fair and the beer I was served here could not likely have received a medal.

Okay. An off night. Beautiful place - nice atmosphere. Next time I am in town I will try again!

the female bartender was apologetic and friendly which greatly helped!

Favorite Dish: I moved on without food

Barley's of Columbus: Very nice bartender with good beer

by gkitzmil Written Jul 21, 2010

These guys understand Ales! Real Ale... done the traditional way. This is the brewpub that the Local homebrewers seem to really like. The quintisential local brewpub with dark wood wainscoating, a local feel, and good beer to drink. The head brewer helped open the Columbus Brewing Company and now brews here at Barley's.

If you are looking for a family place or a new, modern interior look at my other recommendations. This is 'ye old brewpub' with ye old cask conditioned ales as well as other filtered beer. Don't get me started on ales vs. lagers or cask conditioned... but if you want real ale, this is the place in Columbus!

Favorite Dish: Gotta have balls.... Sauerkraut balls, that is! I wanted a snack as I made my way to each of this city's brewpubs and here I tried the sauerkraut balls and the cheese dip with pita. I do wish I had asked for chips because once I ate the sauerkraut balls (I loved them) and then tried the cheese dip I was getting really full. The dip was okay... The balls were great!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

The Elevator... cafe and brew pub: elegant 100 year old restaurant with good beer

by gkitzmil Written Jul 21, 2010

Stopped here for a beer between three other brewpub visits but was amazed by the interior! Most of the interior is restored to its glory from the late 1800's. Normally I only see such elegance in Europe!

The description from their website includes: "The Elevator Brewer and Draught Haus finds its home in the historic Columbia building, built in 1897 by the Bott family to house the Bott Brother’s Billiards and a gentleman’s saloon. The beautiful hand-carved, hand-split Philippine mahogany bar was created to serve the whiskey distilled on the second floor. The saloon enjoyed a brisk business from the turn of the century until the advent of prohibition in 1920. The building, rich in history, is on the national registry of historic landmarks and has been restored to much of its original grandeur. "

I can say... WOW.

Favorite Dish: Had already eaten (I WILL eat here someday) but they lined up nine beer samples for us to try! The beer was delicious and there were many seemingly satisifed restaurant customers. I do want another trip to enjoy this place.

While I can always find a favorite couple of beers (remember, I was in town to judge beer for the Ohio State Fair) I must say that most of their beers were very tasty and followed the original intended style. For one of the highest alcohol beers around try their icebock when they have it.

Plank's: The OLD bar... and still popular

by gkitzmil Written Jul 21, 2010

Since 1939 and still has a great "Pub" feel. A nice outside "biergarten" as part of the German Heritage. A real feel of "locals stop here" with friendly staff, good beer, and the food I tried was great! I WILL find a way to go back and I WILL have the Brats!

Favorite Dish: Only had a snack -- deep fried mushrooms, but very tasty. The Bratwurst looks like a bargain and with Sauerkraut I want to go back and try them.

I think Warsteiner cost only about $4.50 for a US pint.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Cheesecake Factory: Always A Good Meal

by cjg1 Updated Jan 11, 2010

We often come to this Cheesecake Factory when we are in town visiting our friends Bob and Barbara. The restaurant is one on many in a chain and located in the Mall; cabout 15 minutes from the medical center. It's the standard Cheescake Factory set up with a bar area and a large dining room. This location is always crowded so we have to wait for a table and get a beeper from the hostess.

We usually start our wait for a table at the bar. Liz and Barbara like their Margaritas while I nurse a Tropical Tea (designated driver me). Our wait time is usually 20 minutes and we don't mind as long as we have a seat at the bar. The menus is quite extensive with a large selection of drinks, appetizers, chicken, beef, seafood, pasta, pizza, burgers, sandwiches and desserts. It normally takes use several minutes to persuse the menu before we decide on an item. The portions here are huge and we always have leftover food. The food quality is very good and we have never had a bad meal at any of their locations.

We usually split an appetizer between the three of us; order seperate entrees and split dessert. Even with sharing an appetixer and dessert; the majority of our entrees get put in doggie bags for later.

Favorite Dish: The Orange Chicken and the Red Velvet Cheesecake are always excellent. I also enjoy their spinach artichoke dip and the Vietnamese chicken. Liz usually has a factory burger or one of their lunch portioned pizzas. The orange chicken and blackened salmon is a favorite of Barb's along with some red velvet cake.

Enjoying another good meal Spinach Artichoke dip Vietnamese Chicken Liz's White Pizza(this is a lunch portion)

• cjg1's Profile Photo

The Texas Roadhouse: A Familiar Favorite

by cjg1 Updated Oct 9, 2009

The Texas Roadhouse is a chain of BBQ/Steak restaurants. The menu has a variety of steaks, ribs, chicken and BBQ items. The big draw to the restaurant is their friendly service, big portions and teh fact you can pick out your own meat from a display case. Liz and I normally requent their Orange Connecticut location but were happily surprised to find a location here in Columbus. The restuarant was lierally 5 minutes from our hotel so it was an easy choice for a meal. The restaurant has the typical Texas flair inside with country music, texas memorablia, large display case of meat and the signature barrels filed with salted penuts in their shells. The wait for a booth wasn't too long; about 10 minutes. After being shown to our booth we decided on some drinks; a beer for me and a Margarita for Liz. The warm buns were a nice treat to the cold raining weather outside. We actually went through two baskets of rolls before we had our dinner. I already knew I wanted so I ordered the ribs with a side of baked beans and mashed potato. Liz ordered a steak with fries and green beans. As always with the Roadhouse the service is excellent and the food is outrageously good.

Favorite Dish: The ribs here are always excellent. I also love their warm rolls with their delicious cinnamon honey butter.

The Warm Buns with Cinnamon Honey Butter Liz's steak and fries Green Beans & Mushrooms Baked Beans My ribs and mashed potatoes

• abi_maha's Profile Photo

Udipi Cafe: South Indian Delicacies at it's best!

by abi_maha Updated Jul 2, 2009

This place gives Bangalore's famous Adigas and MTR a run for it's money! Awesome awesome food, so good that it reminded me of my mom's cooking. They spread out a mealy yummy buffet on weekdays for just $7 per person and it is one of the yumiest South Indian meal I have had in my life!
    It is an entirely vegetarian place and the spread is so good we would recommend pls skip your breakfast and head here for a brunch. They have the following on the menu- uddin vada, onion utappa, idli fries, sambar, rasam, raita, plain white rice, bisibele bhath, paranthas, dal fry, channa fry, brinjal curry, paayasam. And every item was superb!

Favorite Dish: The Vada, sambar, idly fries, bisibelebhath and the paayasam :D Yummy! Made to perfection really. We left an additional $3 tip for the chef after a meal that made me loop my belt a little looser!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Schmidt's Sausage Haus: A Little Bit of Germany in America

by atufft Written Feb 13, 2009

This place claims to have been in this location since 1886, and given the historic nature of the building its not hard to believe. This place is famous because during the 2008 US Presidential Campaign humor was made when candidate John McCain dined with a handful of German town business leaders while Barack Obama delivered a speech in Berlin to a crowd size estimated at 300,000 live Germans, even larger crowd than gathered during President Reagan's famed "Tear Down These Wall Mr. Gorbachev" speech. Humor aside, the German music and food at this place is an ongoing Columbus, Ohio tradition.

Schmidt's Sausage Haus
    • Music

• atufft's Profile Photo

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse: Indoor/Outdoor Steak and Wine in Short North

by atufft Written Feb 13, 2009

I didn't actually eat here but found this place during a stroll through Short North. The architectural layout of the place makes it worth consideration in any case. The website reveals the Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse Restaurant explains that it is inside the restored Union Rail Station. The Hyde Park Steakhouse is one of 14 such franchises, most of them in Ohio, and mostly within urban settings such as this.

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse, Columbus, OH
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• Tom_Fields's Profile Photo

Plank's Bier Garten: Real German Food and Beer

by Tom_Fields Written Jul 24, 2008

This is good but unpretentious German food. Nothing really fancy about it--just regular German dishes. It's rather plain but quite filling. And the beer garden is delightful on a warm summer day, with a pretty good selection of draft beers. The pizza is very popular here, too.

Favorite Dish: The wurst is fine.

Plank's Bier Garten The beer garden

• Cardone's Restaurant & Bar: Made-from-scratch Italian Food

by traveler1234567 Written Jun 17, 2008

Four of us had lunch at Cardone's and we all agreed that it was a terrific place. The food is the star and prices are reasonable. This white tablecloth restaurant is nicely decorated, and we liked the Frank Sinatra music. It's a comfortable atmosphere.

This restaurant would be good for special occasions, dates and everyday dining. Service is very good.

Favorite Dish: We loved the Arancini appetizer (deep-fried risotto balls stuffed with house-made mozzarella, served with garlic aioli, $6). Yum!

Salad greens were very fresh, tossed in just the right amount of vinagrette. The waitress grated some good parmesan from a block of cheese.

My entree was the 5-cheese ravioli in basil-pesto sauce ($9). I had to stop talking and close my eyes to experience it fully. It was that good! Same thing with the fig gelato ($4).

Instant Answers: Columbus

Comments

Columbus Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Columbus restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Columbus sightseeing.