Dayton Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Dayton

The Mall at Fairfield Commons: The Mall at Fairfield Commons

by kdoc13 Written May 12, 2004

All the usual shops. Sears, Lazarus, Elder Beerman, Penny's, and Parisian. Plus a few other classics like a Radio Shack!

What to buy: London's Candies. Always stop by London's! The candy is awesome!

What to pay: Depends on what you are buying.

Welcome to the Mall!

Webster Street Market: Webster Street Market

by kdoc13 Written May 10, 2004

The Webster Street Market is one of those places you just know your Grandmother is going to drag you off to. Not that it is a bad thing of course, just not my thing. Still, in the interests of science I ventured forth to brave the market.

There were a lot of old things, including the elevator which seemed to take forever and didn't strike me as being dependable. But the books and antiques were ok. I did manage to find a Lando Calrissian Star Wars Action Figure I had been looking for....20 years ago. Plus, there are all kinds of old magazines, lamps, and other kooky knick knacks to keep you koming back. (sorry about the K's, I was on a roll.)

What to buy: Check out "Absolute Bliss" for home made fudge and Scottish Goodies!

What to pay: Depends what you are looking for.

Webster Street Market

2nd Street Public Market: 2nd Street Public Market

by kdoc13 Written May 10, 2004

Well, it is a public market where people sell old crap and food. Mostly food though. You can buy Ostrich meat, honey, mini cheesecakes, wascally wabbit (thats rabbit for the Elmer Fudd Challenged.) and many other bizzare things.

What to buy: The Coffee shop is much better than a Starbucks, and not as expensive or pretentious. It is well woth checking out also for the Indian Jewelry and Mexican stuff!

What to pay: Depends on what you want to buy.

The logo for the 2nd Street Public Market

The Dayton Mall: The Dayton Mall

by kdoc13 Updated May 12, 2004

Its a Mall for cying out loud! Just wanted to add it so people know it is there for them, in their times of shopping need. To be the mall on whose shoulder they cry on, and where nobody cares about their shoe size.

Seriously, it's a mall, we've all been to one. But, if you are in town on business and need some socks or something, go and check it out.

What to buy: Maybe not buy so much as do. There is a rock climbing wall, and a carousel. Both of which are prety neat.

If you have to buy something, check out Aunt Annie's pretzels, or the cookie company!

What to pay: Depends on what you're buying!

The Dayton Mall

White Allen Chevrolet - Dayton: White Allen Chevrolet - Dayton

by kdoc13 Written May 11, 2004

Ok, you have reached my pet peeve addition for Dayton. If you are not local or looking to buy a car in Dayton, keep going. Otherwise, I will relate my horror story of this place, to you.

A few years back (almost 10), I bought a Chevy Cavalier from these clowns. I say clowns because my sales person was this red head who literaly looked like a clown! Anyway, the price was a bit high compared to the other places in town. So, I tried to bargain, figuring I could always go elsewhere. Well, I got her down a little bit, so the price was matched. She agreed but had to "go check with her supervisor" wink wink. So, she runs off to the back and comes back saying she couldn't do that, but for the same price on the window, they would throw in free of charge an extra 2 years warranty bumper to bumper. I was thinking that 5 years would be cool, and accepted.

Three years and 30,000 +1 miles to the date, the transmission in my car blows up on me while I am out of town. 4 hours waiting for a tow, and an uncomftorable 50 miles in the wrecker. We get to White Allen and I am informed that my vehicle was no longer under warranty. They basically tricked me into the regular price, no extra warranty. And here is the kicker. The Chevrolet dealership told me point blank, while looking me in the eye, that it is better than average to get 30,000 miles out a Cavalier's transmission before it blows up. I was stunned, I actually double checked to make sure I heard him correctly. Chevy Cavalier's regularly lose transmissions before 30,000 miles? And it was confirmed. Naturally, the salesperson who sold me the car was no longer with the company, so I lost out.

No offense to my friends who work at the Lordstown Ohio plant where it was made, but Chevy's suck! I now own a Hyundai Sonat which at 75,000 miles has yet to have a problem that cost me over $200 to fix. And the dealer I bought from has been incredible, giving me a loaner (Lexis) when my car has needed to be in the shop. yes sir, I have learned my lesson!

What to buy: Nothing, buy nothing from White Allen, ever!

What to pay: Pay extra if you have to, just avoid these guys like the plague!

Three of the lemons you could buy there.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

The Greene

by Ewingjr98 Written Sep 15, 2012

The Greene is a nice shopping center in Dayton that combines shopping, dining, outdoor activities and entertainment in one of the city's best and most lively commercial areas. We went to The Pub one evening for drinks, but we could have chosen any of the 20 or so other restaurants.

• The Greene: The Best New Shopping, Eating, Nightlife in Dayton

by rachelmill Written Apr 24, 2007

The Greene is the great new outdoor shopping mall in Dayton. Shop for just about anything and then have coffee at a sidewalk cafe. Visit an art gallery. Catch a movie at the cinema or visit funny bone comedy club at night. Something for everyone, all the time.

What to pay: Spend a little or thousands. There are many upscale shops as well as chain stores.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Webster Street market: Open stall market

by Jim_Eliason Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just east of Downtown is an open stall market in an old warehouse building. It includes locally grown/prepared food and antiques.

What to buy: Carribean Empenadas!!

Webster Street Market

Instant Answers: Dayton

Comments

Dayton Shopping

Reviews and photos of Dayton shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dayton sightseeing.