Lancaster Restaurants

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Olive Garden: Americanised Italian food

by davecallahan Updated Dec 29, 2007

stuffed chicken

You get a lot of bread; you get a lot of salad. You get medium portions of the entrees. But everything looks and tastes like Chef-Boyardee. I never feel like I am in Italy in this restaurant even with all its fake grape vines and wine bottles and Italian-flag colors.

The place is bright and cheery. The staff is more than willing to do what it takes to make you happy. The prices are not over-expensive. But if you want really good Italian food then this is not the place to come. The food is tasty; the food is fresh; the food is served nice and warm. But it just isn't like what grandma used to make. Maybe I am spoiled or too picky but that is how I feel about this restautant.

We had stuffed chicken with pasta which was tasty and minestrone which was good tasting but a bit thin. They give you a pile of bread sticks and you can ask for more. The salad bowl is what they call a "bottomless item" which means they fill it up again if you empty it.
    The meal with entree and beverage and dessert was about $20 per person which wasn't a bad price.
    The staff were great and often came back to the table to see if there was anything else we wanted and refilled the water glasses.

Maybe you should try it for yourself because even though many of my friends enjoy this place, it is not one of my personal favorites.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Annie's Cheesecake & Tea Room: Best Dessert at...

by deecat Written May 12, 2006

Dessert at Annie's Cheesecake & Tea Room

Since most of the places that Jill and I wanted to see in Lancaster did not open until 1:00 p.m., we decided to find a place for lunch. We walked both sides of Main Street and finally decided to try Annie's Cheesecake & Tea Room. It looked small from the outside, but when we walked inside we were amazed at the space. It has a huge gift shop at the front; you walk through a "wisteria Arbor", and there are two large eating areas. We loved the glass-top tables. They had a linen table cloth covered with lace and then covered with glass.

The young man who waited on us was efficient, friendly, and helpful. Although we were both disappointed in most of the meal, we agree that our shared dessert was the best we experienced on our Ohio trip!

Favorite Dish: Jill ordered a Quiche and Salad; I ordered soup and salad. Jill's Quiche was fair; my onion soup was fair. Our salads were not good..not fresh at all.

We shared a wonderful dessert. It was a HUGE dip of vanilla ice cream that was rolled in chopped pecans covered with hot fudge and a cherry. We could not imagine how one person could have eaten it; but, we sure devoured it!

Our adivice would be to go to Annies's Cheesecake & Tea Room for dessert.

• Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Lancaster

Comments

Lancaster Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lancaster restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lancaster sightseeing.