Oberlin Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Oberlin

• iamjacksgoat's Profile Photo

The Feve: A Must Try in Oberlin

by iamjacksgoat Updated Jan 26, 2010

A great casual place to get a bite to eat, or have a beer. The Feve is a great spot to hang out as well. There are two floors, both which offer food and drinks. The upstairs is more casual, while the downstairs has table service and a more traditional restaurant experience.

What's great about The Feve is that you can order several appetizers for under $20, and sit for hours with some friends and just hang out. It's not too crowded or too loud, yet not super quiet like less casual restaurants. Also, the service is surprisingly good for a bar. I was there on a Saturday night, and I never had to wait around for the waiter.

If you are in Oberlin, you MUST try this place. Saturday and Sunday (9:30am - 2:30pm) is said to be one of the best in the Cleveland area. I haven't personally experienced it, but my family said it was amazing.

Favorite Dish: TATER TOTS. The famous Feve tater tots. You have your choice of tons of different dipping sauces. And they are cooked to perfection.

The Feve Pub
    • Beer Tasting

• iamjacksgoat's Profile Photo

The Black River Cafe: Great Food, though Not So Great Service..

by iamjacksgoat Written Jan 26, 2010

The Black River Cafe has really good food. I must say that first. The food was so good, it saved me from giving this place a bad review.

Usually, there is a long wait, though my group was lucky to have zero wait time. However, the service was horrible. The waitress forgot us a lot, and gave us the bill before we had time to ask for dessert. After 20 minutes, we finally got someone to come over, and asked for ice cream. The waitress said, "Ice cream? Have you had that here before?" ... It was on the menu. After over half an hour of waiting time, we finally got the ice cream.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is nice. Small, but quant. And every table has these cute salt and pepper shakers.

All in all, try The Black River Cafe. And hope your server doesn't forget about you.

Favorite Dish: Fresh squeezed orange juice, homemade french fries, delicious sandwiches! Everything I tried was good. AMAZING bacon.

The Black River Cafe

• Gibson's: A must have

by flipapetto Written Apr 2, 2008

Favorite Dish: You must have the sweet cream donut. They are by far the best pastry that I have ever had. I have had family from out of town demand that I order a few dozen whenever I am going to visit. You have to get there early because they go fast. If you call a day or two in advance they are happy to make up extras.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

The Feve: More restaurant than coffeehouse

by yooperprof Written Oct 27, 2005

The Feve calls itself a coffeehouse, but I would call it a cafe instead - an elegant, euro-style cafe with good food and alcoholic beverages in the evening. A nifty brunch is served, with fluffy tasty egg omelettes and fancy dancy crepes.

Oddly enough, though, they don't have an espresso machine. No cappacino served here! How can you call yourself a coffeehouse if you can't even make a latte?

Starve a Cold, but feed at the Feve

Downtown Pizza: Pizza

by grandmaR Written Jun 15, 2004

This is another place that I took a picture of on Sunday morning.

The OHIO website (Oberlin Historic and Ohio Improvement Organization) says that pizza, beer are available and that it seats approx. 35, can accommodate groups with reservations

Dascomb Hall Dining Room: Cafeteria

by grandmaR Updated Jun 14, 2004

We ate lunch at Dascomb - I don't think I ever ate here before.

The building itself required a magnetic card to enter. Once we got into the building, we lined up at the cashier, paid, and came in, we could eat whatever we wanted. They had a salad bar and a hamberger/grill place, and a place to get drinks of various kinds.

Favorite Dish: Lunch for the two of us was $13.13 I guess the 13 cents must be tax. I don't remember what we ate - I think I might have had vegetarian lasgna as I remember seeing that.

I don't know whether the food was specially prepared for the visiting alumni or if this was the way it normally was. The college website says:

"Students on board can choose from three traditional all-you-can-eat dining halls that are open during meal times, or try the food-court style of Dascomb, open all day long. The popular fourth-meal option at the Rathskellar allows you to take a late-night break from studying in a pleasant, restaurant-like atmosphere. There are three meal plans (21, 14, and 7 meals a week), and depending on which plan you choose you will also receive a set amount of "flex dollars" which can be spent at Dascomb or the Rathskellar, or at the DeCafe, which offers freshly made sandwiches and salads as well as assorted groceries, including snacks, fresh produce, frozen foods, and dry goods like rice, pasta, and beans."

Dascomb Dining Room Reflections in Dascomb's windows Back of Dascomb in the rain 1959 Back of Dascomb 2004 Dascomb from Pyle Inn 1959

Gibson's Bakery and Deli: Outside Seating

by grandmaR Updated Jun 15, 2004

Gibson's Bakery and Deli has outside seating in season. I haven't eaten here since about 1969

Favorite Dish: For more information see Shopping Tips

• Business Travel

Yesterdays Ice Cream Shoppe: Dessert

by grandmaR Written Jun 15, 2004

I took this photo on Sunday morning as we left town. I have not eaten here.

This small shop seats 18 and they have ice cream and hamburgers, etc.

The Feve: Coffee

by grandmaR Written Jun 15, 2004

Coffee house, salads and sandwiches, bar
    seats approx. 50, can accommodate groups with reservations

Favorite Dish: I took this photo early Sunday morning. This place is new since my time.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Oberlin

Comments

Oberlin Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Oberlin restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oberlin sightseeing.