Steubenville Off The Beaten Path

downtown East Liverpool, Ohio

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Steubenville

He's still dead

by chauncenetta Written Jul 16, 2003

This is on the other side of the river from East LIverpool, Ohio, in Newell, West Virginia. A beautiful state to which I would like to return.
    This foto is for Manuel. i thought of Manuel when I saw this sign.

pretty little town

by chauncenetta Written Jul 16, 2003

Actually I took a wrong turn and ended up in East Liverpool, Ohio. Across a charming bridge on the other side of the Ohio River was Newell, West Virginia, home of the Homer Laughlin Factory, manufacturers of Fiesta Ware.
    Sad though, even though it was a Saturday the town square was empty and devoid of people. As if all the humans had vaporized.
    I remember living in small towns such as those when I was a girl and our big kick was to "go to town" on Saturdays. We would stare at the old men in overalls sitting on benches out in front of the courthouse, we'd spend our allowance at the record store on 45's. we'd go to the Drug Store and buy a pack of Winstons, take them to a back booth by the soda fountain and have a real fountain Coke. Served in a cone cup with a fancy metal holder, with a paper straw, not plastic. Now these town squares are empty, as everyone is at Wal-Mart. The shame!

downtown East Liverpool, Ohio

• chauncenetta's Profile Photo

It's fun to get lost, which is a good thing

by chauncenetta Written Jul 16, 2003

These nice boys gave me directions to the bridge to West Virginia. I told them I thought their town was nice. They scoffed. It was a day of much scoffing.

Instant Answers: Steubenville

Comments

Steubenville Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Steubenville off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Steubenville sightseeing.