Sylvania Travel Guide

Sylvania Things to Do

by WILDEFLOWER Written Nov 11, 2003

This is a great place for exploring with your kids. You would be amazed at the kids we met and how educated they were and the excitement of finding their own fossils. Don't Bring your cell phone. Leave them in the car! People come here to escape the work world and enjoy themselves!! Enjoy yourself and get lost with whoever you bring here with you. Play Indiana Jones for a day and get muddy!

• Disabilities

Sylvania Hotels

Sylvania Restaurants

by WILDEFLOWER Written Nov 11, 2003

Everything was pretty good. We had the fish specials.

Favorite Dish: Fish, but they had burgers and other things to eat too!

Sammys in Syslvania
    • Archeology

Sylvania Warnings and Dangers

by WILDEFLOWER Written Nov 11, 2003

The areas in the park are ropped off. You can only look in the areas inside the park inside the ropes. Some people bring little mini shovels but it is not allowed. We brought toothrushes for cleaning at the work station. Most of the ground is gravel so wear comfortable shoes you don't mind climbing around in.

• Seniors
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Women's Travel

Sylvania What to Pack

by WILDEFLOWER Written Nov 11, 2003

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: You will get muddy. We brought extra shoes and clothes, socks etc...

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: There is a porta potty there. I always bring extra toilet paper where ever I go just in case!

Photo Equipment: I always bring a camera where ever I go and extra film.

Miscellaneous: After cleaning the fossils I use zip lock bags to store my fossils to take home.

Sylvania Favorites

by WILDEFLOWER Written Nov 11, 2003

Favorite thing: This is a great place to relax with whoever you bring. They bring fresh piles of the dirt in often, so everyone can find fossils. There was other places to eat and we saw other parks and places to stay, but chose to go home after the day of exploring.

Fondest memory: Spending time with my husband of course! We are like two kids playing in dirt. We always have a great time when we go to these places. We met Some nice nuns while we were at the park. They said we made believers out of them!

• Religious Travel
    • Singles

Instant Answers: Sylvania

Comments

Sylvania Travel Guide
Map of Sylvania