Tremont Travel Guide

Lilly's Homemade Chocolates
    by CdnJane
  • Cute box the individual cupcakes go home in
    Cute box the individual cupcakes go home...
    by CdnJane
    Street scene of the shop

Tremont Restaurants

by CdnJane Written Apr 27, 2010

Delicious... delightful... yummy... to die for! hmmmm I think words are failing me but the memory of these wonderful delectable yummies.
    The website promised great treats.... the reality is much better. Yes, they are not inexpensive but quality DOES come with a price. They are worth every penny and also deserve to be savoured and enjoyed slowly and with full attention to the experience. They are priced:
    6 pieces - $11
    12 pieces - $22
    24 pieces - $44
    Lilly's also has wine matching and tastings on the weekends. We were there for the truffles, not the wine, but they had an interesting mix of wines and craft beers.
    MissAntarctica2002 had been in touch with Amanda, the owner and chocolatier, and we met her and her husband, Joshua. They were very helpful and friendly (I think that was the theme throughout our stay in Cleveland).

Favorite Dish: Topping the list was "That Bacon One" and YES bacon works in a truffle.... oh so well!
    Next was Fresh Squeezed - lemon juice with red raspberry puree in white chocolate.... an explosion of flavour in the mouth!!!!
    I fell in love with Old School which was a malted milk ball in the mouth... mmmmmmm.
    Their Big Berry Monster Bar and Terrapin Slider Bar were also delicious.
    You have a favourite flavour and I am sure you will find it satisfied in their selection.

Oh and you can't just buy one.... I tried that. It doesn't work. Your taste buds scream for more.

Lilly's Homemade Chocolates Pairings of Wine/Beer with the Chocolates
    • Wine Tasting

by CdnJane Updated Apr 27, 2010

This is a bakery, not a restaurant, so perhaps this should be under shopping, not restaurants... who knows?
    Quite a selection of cupcakes, as well as some cookies and chocolate dipped pretzels. Friendly staff, and I loved the individual boxes with the cupcakes.... like chinese food boxes.

Favorite Dish: I had 3 different cupcakes: Strawberry (White cake, custard and fresh strawberries with buttercream), Lemon (Lemon cake, raspberry filling and buttercream) and Carrot (Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting) - they had several others including Red Velvet, Chocolate, Peanut Butter lovers, etc etc. I'm not sure which I liked the best - perhaps the carrot but I liked the custard of the strawberry cupcake.
    The pretzels dipped in chocolate were wonderful too.

A Cookie and a Cupcake Street scene of the shop Top- Lemon Cupcake; Bottom - Carrot Cupcake Cute box the individual cupcakes go home in

by CdnJane Updated Apr 27, 2010

Another location found through the Food Network's show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives", but I wouldn't call it any of the triple D's - it was excellent food, excellent service and decent prices for what we got.
    It was the place that welcomed everyone - locals and tourists alike. We were there on a sunny Saturday after a cold blustery Friday, while the Art Walk was on, so it might've been busier than usual. We had to wait a couple of minutes for a table, but that was ok. Again, the clients were everyone from the young to the old - some local business owners, to students, to families to tourists. The menu was suitable to all
    There is a patio if you wished to eat outside and several people were taking advantage of the mild weather for that. They have a bake counter of many different kinds of cupcakes, muffins, cookies, granola, and other wonderful desserts.

Favorite Dish: I had the Baked Mac-N-Cheese: Cheddar, brie, parmesan, and mozzarella cheeses, baked with pasta and cream topped with brioche bread crumbs and served with house-made apple sauce, with bacon, and some green seedless grapes on the side and it was divine - very rich, creamy, cheesy and bacon-y.... YUMMMMMMM and very filling. I almost got through it all but it beat me!
    MissAntarctica2002 had the Vietnamese Grinder: Black Forest Ham, pork pate, pickled pumpkin, fresh cilantro cucumber and mayo (diced jalapeno optional), served w/ pickle and potato salad. (I copied from their website for the ingredients)
    The ice tea was good - although no free refills, and the soft drinks were out of a can.

Tremont - Lucky's Cafe Baked Mac & Cheese w/Applesauce & Grapes Tremont - Lucky's Cafe

Instant Answers: Tremont

Comments

Tremont Travel Guide
Map of Tremont