The second of the ongoing financing concerns in Norman sits on the southeast corner of Peters and Main. Now Arvest National Bank, the entablature reads "Security National Bank," and dates in the doorway read both 1914 and 1924. This is either a latecomer to the historical district, or a replacement for a former building, but a fitting complement to the Renaissance banking house opposite the intersection.
There are at least two original buildings along the historical drag on Main Street that retain their original purpose (albeit under new owners). The first of these (in the historical district but quite unlike the other facades) is the imposing graystone Renaissance structure on the northwest corner of Peters and Main. Now the First Fidelity Bank, its entablature reads either CNB or GNB, of which the last two characters mean "national bank."
When frontier town planners built their main thoroughfares, the more prominent buildings used towers, fancy entablatures and probably oriel or bay windows in their architecture. Some of the original bay windows from Norman's historical district still remain on their facades. An additional expense to the proprietor, such windows were created to allow more light to shine into the parlors (except perhaps in this instance, now that the building has been taken over by a modern law firm). Like many of the other older buildings, the original owner (here, Alden) retains his name in the entablature.