Oklahoma City Nightlife

by ATXtraveler
    by frankcanfly
    by nomadic

Most Recent Nightlife in Oklahoma City

• Samurai Sake House: Samurai has REOPENED!!!

by jroutt Written Dec 9, 2010

The Samurai was closed...but it has reopened in a new location. It is now located at 3034 N. Portland in a 3 club trio combined with Club Raw and Club Bounce. Ichiro, the clubs former owner, has taken a very hands on approach to refurbishing the clubs atmosphere...while also starting over in a very different location. With two full bars, pool tables, big screen TV's for sports entertainment, plenty of seating with an old 40's neighborhood street decor, it is both comfortable and trendy. He is incorporating new ideas to help display our local talent here in OKC, while showcasing touring bands as well. It is a very exciting time for this bar. My hope is that people begin to discover its reopening and pack the house night after night to view and support our local entertainment.

Dress Code: Unknown/but I assume casual attire would be acceptable.

• Music

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

TapWerks: Great Beer Selection

by ATXtraveler Written Dec 14, 2008

On a recent business trip to OKC, we had 7pm dinner reservations at a local steakhouse, and we arrived a little early to make sure we were there in time. Unfortunately, OKC has not joined the 21st Century, and the waiting room at this particular steakhouse was still allowing smokers. So my co-worker and I decided to go down the street a little to find a place that did not reek of smoke. We came across Tapwerks, which is a small pub and grub spot, with an awesome selection of draft beers, as well as an excellent selection of bottled choices from around the world. It is likely one of the few places in OKC where you can enjoy German, Irish, Australian, and Belgian beers all in the same location. We enjoyed a couple excellent selections, and then walked down to the steakhouse that we originally had intended to eat at. We were saving room, so we did not enjoy any of the appetizers, but the tables next to us recommended the chips and queso, and the bbq wings looked great! I would highly recommend this place if you are looking to try a new brew!

I unfortunately ran out of batteries in my camera while in there, so I did not get a picture until the next morning!

**As of December 2008, this location was still on RewardsNetwork.com, if you want to make a few extra frequent flyer points for this trip.

• Beer Tasting

• Samurai Saki House: Samurai Saki House

by liquorboy Updated Mar 7, 2007

(Now has gone out of business, too bad, the place was a hoot!) Live local and regional rock bands 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Owned by a true to life 70 year old Samurai and Sensai who hasn't missed a night in his club (that I know of) in the 20 some odd years that he's been in business.

Dress Code: Jeans, leather, long hair a plus.

• indysully's Profile Photo

Bakers at Bricktown: Cigars and Pianos

by indysully Updated Jan 18, 2005

This past trip after a fine dinner at Mickey Mantle's (see Mickey Mantle's Chapter), myself and a few colleagues ventured down to Makers in Bricktown. Now, if you are not familiar with Bricktown it is a location in downtown OKC that has a multitude of bars, joints, and fine eating establishements. Makers is a cigar/piano/jazz bar.

We settled into a section of large leather couches and were waited on in timely fashion. The beers were cold, the cocktails poured large, and cigar selection excellent.

I would give this location 3 stars for relaxation, however, liquor drinks can be a bit pricey. I believe I paid $9.50 for a Belvedere on the rocks. To their credit the pour was big, around 4-5 ounces.

Definately worth a go!

Dress Code: Just about anything goes, yet the norm that is present is post work casual to business coats with loosened ties. Also those that have gotten done up for the evening and are winding down.

• SHERLOCK'S **HOME OF THE GATOR!**: A Very Happening Place

by UR1ANGEL Written Jun 2, 2004

I have been to almost all the clubs here in OKC over the past 3 years and I have found this one to be the most fun. All the people there are really down to earth, nice and VERY Cool. Sherlock's is a good place to go just to hang out or even to go and pull off a good one some night. The people working there always look out for the best intrest of the Customers. They make sure you have fun while you're there.
    They play a mixture of music; Country, R&B, Rock & Roll, Disco...you name it and Carlos will play it for you. For sure!!!
    Plus, last but not least................ It's "THE HOME OF THE GATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Guys Love the GATOR!!!! It is a dance that is done 2 a night where everyone gathers around the dance floor and guys lay down on the floor and women dance over them........
    Well anyways, you'll just have to come and see the rest I don't want to ruin it by telling you everything.
    Come and Join me and my girlfriends out there one night. I promise you'll love it!!!

Dress Code: Dress for women is basically anything, Men on the other hand have to wear a shirt with some type of collar on it. Other than that it's Casual dress.

• rchilde's Profile Photo

GLBiT Entertainment District: Dance your ( / ) off

by rchilde Updated May 22, 2004

Locals partyin' it up at the venerable Angles club

Surprise, Oklahoma City has a vibrant, thriving gay community. Yes, I said, OKC has a gay community - the state's largest in fact! And in this city that embraces (ok sometimes rather blindly as is the case here) its diversity, there is a very thriving Entertainment District for so called alternative sexually oriented participants principally along NW 39th Expressway between Pennsylvania and May Aves.

The GLBIT district contains over 20 hoppin' dance clubs and bars, gay oriented hotels (in fact, the Habana Inn is the largest gay resort in the SW), retail, and services. The district rivals Bricktown in terms of sheer volume of nightlife yet city leaders usually do not actively promote the district as a tourist venue. I beg to differ, as the district cators to both gay and straight individuals (especially heteros that are comfortable with their sexuality like myself).

Oklahoma City's GLBiT District is yet another part of the amazing mozaic that makes this new city a multicultural, cosmopolitan, big city.

Dress Code: Dress as you wish. There are all kinds of people in this part of town, from crossdressers and drag queens to the straight-laced looking cowbows and yuppies. Come as you are, you will be welcomed.

Check out the online newspaper, www.gayly.com.

Wreckroom is a nice afterhours club that has GREAT House music spun by the best DJs. Check out their web site for a sample. www.anglesclub.com/thewreckroom

• Gay and Lesbian
    • Music

• jedd43's Profile Photo

Look for a good concert!: Look for a good concert!

by jedd43 Updated Apr 4, 2004

The short girl - moi & Vince

Look for a good concert!
    This pic was taken October 13,1997 at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club. Anybody recognize this guy? These smiles were brief. It was the day after the death of John Denver.
    (real name, Henry John Deutschendorf Jr)
    I remember the photgrapher taking a long time to click the pic and I asked if she could fit us both in the same picture? ;o}
    We smiled then it was over. Have a look at a John Denver Tribute. .
    Okay, okay, I'll give you a *hint* - Vince Gill.

Deep Deuce: A Blast from the Past

by mrclay2000 Written Apr 16, 2003

Deep Deuce

This inconspicuous building revives the name of the district in which it sits. In the 1940s and 1950s, "Deep Deuce" was recognized as eastern limit of NE 2nd street within the city limits. This detail is known now only to lifelong residents, who once knew this as the scene of some hopping nightlife.

Bricktown Brewery: Great Night Spot

by mrclay2000 Written Apr 14, 2003

Bricktown Brewery

The Bricktown Brewery is housed in a turn-of-the-century brick building that for the past decade has been our micro-brewery. The restaurant downstairs serves food and drink (including the house beers), while upstairs you can play pool, dance to live music, relax with friends, or waste your time with the few virtual reality gismos. The Brewery is my favorite night spot in the city.

• Edgeon's Profile Photo

The Wreck Room: The Wreck Room

by Edgeon Updated Aug 26, 2002

Oklahoma's oldest club (19 years and counting), the Wreck Room is as underground as you can get without moving the club every week. They don't serve alcohol, but stay open from 9 pm until the last person leaves (I've been their until 5 in the morning and there's still people there).

Although not the home of the most impressive light and sound system, the vibe of the club is what makes it fun, a place where people of all ages and sexualities gather to dance to house and trance. And, of course, the gather to watch the drag shows. One is at midnight and the other at 2:30, after the other bars close and the Wreck Room fills up.

Every Friday and Saturday four to five drag queens strut their stuff for tips. Some nights it's worth going to see, other nights it's worth going to dance for the two hours between the shows and then leaving.

Dress Code: Anything. And I do mean anything.

• A kid at the concert. She...

by nomadic Written Aug 25, 2002

A kid at the concert. She knows not what evil has been done on that day. It's for children like her that I feel a sense of sadness. As grown ups we have had a chance to live in an environment sans fear. But to her from now on the world is different... I just hope that the sense of innocence will never leave the children of this world.

• The information from the...

by nomadic Written Aug 25, 2002

The information from the airlines were sporadic and given in piecemeal. One hour we heard we could fly out to SFO, the next we heard we were stranded for another day... finally, on the third night some of the people on the plane decided to throw a concert. They were trombonists for the San Francisco Women's Symphony and they had a great improv concert which I was previliged to attend.

• There was not much todo in...

by nomadic Written Aug 25, 2002

There was not much todo in Oklahoma City at night, so the first night we went to see the movie, Captain Corelli's Mandoline. The theatre was completely deserted and my CEO and I were the only ones in the room. It was a great private showing of a movie. Some what of a chick-flick but it's still a good movie. I liked it. Penelope Cruz is absolutely stunning and she has a brain to match.

Bourbon Street Cafe: A Taste of New Orleans

by mrclay2000 Written Apr 15, 2003

Bourbon Street Cafe

Another place to eat, drink and be merry recently opened on the canal in Bricktown. Don't have too many and then walk out into the traffic!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

In Cahoots

by frankcanfly Updated Apr 3, 2003

A great country bar with a great crowd. Thursdays are my favorite night here, it's 'Coin Beer' night. Any coin will buy you a longneck bottle.

Dress Code: Bring your boots, and a pair of jeans....

• Study Abroad
    • Whale Watching

Instant Answers: Oklahoma City

Comments

Oklahoma City Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Oklahoma City nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Oklahoma City sightseeing.

View all Oklahoma City hotels