Chain Restaurants, Oklahoma City

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Charleston's: Best potato soup around

by rexvaughan Written Jul 15, 2004

Charleston's

There are at least 4 locations for Charleston's in OKC: Nichols Hills, the Village, Northwest Expressway and Meridian Avenue near the airport. They serve a pretty extensive menu and I have not been disappointed in any instance. Their specialties are steak and baby back ribs which are delicious. The interiors are lots of wood and brick which gives a dark but pleasant and warm atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: One of my favorites here, besides the ribs, is their salad and baked potato soup for lunch. The soup is almost unmatched anywhere this side of Ireland.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Braum's: Time for an Ice Cream Break?

by rexvaughan Written Jul 15, 2004

Typical Braum's

Braum's is probably the best ice cream you can find in this part of the country. They have numerous locations in Oklahoma and surrounding states, but so far have refused to expand further. They say that they will not put a store more than a day's drive from the source. At any rate, they have dozens of flavors of ice cream, yogurt and light ice cream. One of my favorites is cherry amaretto. An ideal spot for a ice cream snack!

Favorite Dish: They have other foods including an acceptable hamburger and a pretty good breakfast menu. Their french fries are mediocre.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Spaghetti Warehouse: One of My Favorite Italian Restaurants

by mrclay2000 Written Apr 16, 2003

Spaghetti Warehouse

One of the earliest businesses to revive the resurrected Bricktown, the Spaghetti Warehouse is strictly family and fun atmosphere, with great food, great prices, and a perfectly enjoyable interior decor.

Favorite Dish: I used to order cannelloni by the pair (two salads, two entrees, and double the pleasure) until they changed the recipe. Then I switched to lasagna. The chain has every conceivable variation of spaghetti.

• jedd43's Profile Photo

Charleston's: A Great Place to eat!

by jedd43 Updated Apr 4, 2004

Click & print

Wonderful ambience and food!

Favorite Dish: I had the Oven Roasted Chicken with garlic mashed potatoes. It was delicious! More than I coluld eat, as usual. Click the pic to view and print the menu. .

Chili's: Easy Going...Good Food

by msbrandysue Written Jul 31, 2007

Chili's is considered by some as "fast food." It is a sit-down restaurant with a very laid back atmosphere. There is food and a full service bar. Children are usually present as well as good times. This is one of those places where you can find anything for anyone so it ends up being somewhere I go A LOT, especially with family and big groups. If you're in a rush this place usually serves your food in around 15-20 minutes. Of course, you can also get it to go as they offer their full menu in a To-Go option.

The hours are not listed on the website but I've always been able to get in before 11pm. They are open even later on weekends.

This is a chain of restaurants so be sure to type in your hotel's address on the website to find the one nearest you. They are all over the area.

Favorite Dish: For an appetizer around $2-3 we get the unending bowl of chips and hot sauce. Their chips are very good. If you want to try something new order a side of ranch and dip them in ranch dressing. Very good! And I used to hate ranch dressing...Since I tried chips with ranch I'm hooked.

For an entree I now get the Quesadilla Explosion. It is a salad with fajita chicken on top, as well as tomatos, corn, beans, etc. They also serve cheese quesadilla squares surrounding the salad. I always get the avacado ranch with it. Yummmmy!

If you don't do salads the grilled chicken sandwich is good. It comes with honey mustard, melted swiss cheese, and bacon on it. The chicken quesadillas are also very good. Chili's is quite famous for their baby back ribs, if you'd like to try those.

Picture to come soon...

Cracker Barrel: Bunch of Crackas

by msbrandysue Updated Apr 11, 2009

Many of my friends and family love the cracker barrel. It has a laid back, southern home feel that is apparent as you walk up to the white rocking chairs on the porch waiting area. It's usually busy all morning and has a constant flow of customers all day long.

I've eaten both meals and breakfast here and find it disappointing. The only thing I've really enjoyed is the grilled cheese. For breakfast I've tried the eggs (ok), sausage (no thanks), hash browns (too many onions), and bacon (too much fat). I've eaten better at Denny's or Ihop's.

Something unique, though, is that they have this country tee logic game at the tables while you wait. They usually have a big checkers game in the eating area, as well, for kids (and adults) to play while waiting for the food.

But I can't pass it down due to the store that is right inside the door. Of course you have to pass through it before getting to the food. They have great seasonal items, kids stuff, candles and clothing. I love it all...

Sunday through Thursday - 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    Friday & Saturday - 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    Has RV/Bus Parking
    Right next to a few hotels...

Favorite Dish: I always get the grilled cheese. I'm not big on gravy, fried chicken, or breakfast.

The Cheesecake Factory: Best Food Around

by msbrandysue Written Jul 31, 2007

The Cheesecake Factory encompasses it all. It has a fun atmosphere, great bar, chic style, nice waiters, great food, and even better dessert. When you hear the name Cheesecake Factory you may think it's only dessert. Oh my goodness, do not make that mistake! The food is absolutely wonderful. The 27 page menu offers variety upon variety. Anything you want is here. Any type of food is available.

And, yes, you have to have some cheesecake. I believe they have over 50 types of cheesecakes with other desserts including cakes and pies.

Not in the mood to sit in a nice dining area? Take some to go! You can order any of the food and dessert to go if you would rather relax in your room.

Do not miss this place! It's a great date place, as well, if you want a special evening.

Monday - Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
    Friday & Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 a.m.
    Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Picture coming soon...

Favorite Dish: The best appetizer is the avacado eggrolls. I would either order these as a meal, though, or share them with others.
    My favorite entree is the spicy chicken nachos (which is actually under the 5 page appetizer menu).
    All the cheesecakes are unbelievable!
    If you want to order drinks I enjoyed the Mai Tai, and the Godiva Chocolate Martini is strong!

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Steaks....and more: Texas Roadhouse

by mafootje Updated Oct 12, 2003

Texas Road House in OKC

This restaurant was next to our hotel, so we thought we just walk in and sit down...Well, there were a lot more people that had the same idea. So we just waited for a available table.

Inside the restaurant the lights where dimmed and played some nice music. We sat down at the bar and had some drinks.

Favorite Dish: I had a ribs and chicken combo.. i know i also liked the bread and also know that the meat was nice and tender.

The service was great, and also got some personal attention from the manager. It's just a small thing but it really makes you feel at home..

When we left the restaurant i took two "Call Waiting" magnets for on our refrigerator...i didn't try to call.... i never would make it on time from Vlaardingen to OKC because of the one hour limit :-)

Picture taken friday june 6th 2003 , 17:46

Tony Roma's: Tony Roma's

by Paulie_D Written Nov 18, 2003

Finger lickin' good.

My primary reason for eating here was simple convenience..it was the closest place to my hotel.. but being a devout carnivore, I had no trouble appreciating the food (and beer).

Good for sitting at the bar & watching the game or more refined dining for two or a group of friends.

It was my first visit to one of this international chain's restaurants and I feel entirely comfortable doing so again in the future.

Favorite Dish: Got to love those Baby Back Rib's!

Chili's: Chili's

by Paulie_D Written Nov 18, 2003

My primary reason for visiting Chili's was convenience. I had already been to the closest restaurant (Tony Toma's) and I hate repeating myself without good reason.

In fact, hadn't planned on eating at all, I did fancy the odd beverage or two but while I was sitting at the bar I got talking to a couple of guys who were suffering a few hours weather delay before flying out of OKC airport later that night.

Anyway, as the evening went on, I ordered something (see I did get to the point eventually). Served quickly & received hot. Good & tasty. (Hmmm..burrgerr).

Overall, a good place for a good time.

Hooters of Bricktown: Hooters

by Paulie_D Updated Nov 20, 2003

I'm sure that I don't anything to tell you about Hooters that you don't already know.

It's not a box of chocolates..you do know what you're gonna get

The food is good enough but, come on, that's not the reason us guys visit.

Surprisingly, this was very popular with some of my fellow passengers/travellers but I don't know if that was because they knew what they wanted or because they were following me!

Favorite Dish: The eye candy!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Abuelos: Mexican Food Embassy

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

On a couple different occassions, when we were in downtown OKC, we have stopped in to a decent chain Mexican food restaurant called Abuelos. There are two locations in Oklahoma, one being in the middle of Bricktown, which is the most convenient for most people traveling here.

Abuelos is a great spot to have fajitas, and I personally enjoyed the steak and shrimp fajita dinner. I would also recommend their Fundido del Mar if you are looking for a smaller item, or to add an appetizer for the table. This is a Mexican Cheese fondue with shrimp and scallops.

I would also recommend their delicious enchilada selection. Shrimp, beef, chicken, cheese, spinach... all great.

• Business Travel

• jedd43's Profile Photo

Schlotzsky's Deli: Schlotzsky's Deli

by jedd43 Updated Apr 4, 2004

Schlotzsky's Deli

I love this place! They cater and do bag lunches too!

Favorite Dish: The Original
    Toasted sourdough bun, three meats (lean ham, Genoa salami, cotto salami), three cheeses (mozzarella, cheddar, Parmesan), mustard, marinated black olives, onion, lettuce, and tomato. Yum!! .

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Don't laugh, we likd to eat at...

by brdwtchr Written Aug 25, 2002

Don't laugh, we likd to eat at the Waffle House in Oklahoma City. The reason is we usually leave Kansas very early in the morning. We usually get to Oklahoma City too early for lunch so we like to eat at the Waffle House for a late breakfast. The food is good there even if it is not fancy and the service is fast.
    Cover your ears when that big waitress gets ready to yell out your order from beside your table to the cook in the back.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes with ham and a side of grits.

• gio19's Profile Photo

Abuelo's Mexican Food Embassy: Platters bigger than your head

by gio19 Written Apr 18, 2005
    Bricktown and Abuelo's

Abuelo's is a nice and non-expensive option if you're hankerin' for some Mexican food.

Favorite Dish: The sampler platter, it's enormous!

Instant Answers: Oklahoma City

Comments

Other Restaurants in Oklahoma City

View all Oklahoma City hotels