Bend Restaurants

• Morning shines on the front of the Double D
    Morning shines on the front of the...
    by mtncorg

Most Recent Restaurants in Bend

• mtncorg's Profile Photo

DESCHUTES PUBLIC BREWHOUSE: ADVENTUREOUS BEER FOR ADVENTUREOUS TIMES

by mtncorg Updated Jul 24, 2014

Another of the pioneers of the microbrewing revolution, Deschutes Brewing was formed early in the initial waves - 1988. The downtown brewpub is truly one of downtown Bend's 'must' stopping places. Crowds throng to try the great beers - Mirror Pond Pale Ale was named by Men's Journal as America's finest beer a few years back. The different beers are named for local attractions - Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Obsidian Stout, Cinder Cone Red Ale, Black Butte Porter, etc.. The food is good hearty pub food. The beer is not the crap you see advertised by frogs, cheap rock stars, scantily clad floozies or big horses pulling wagons. This good beer is appropriate for such a grand land as this.

Update: Bend's beer scene has changed dramatically in the last few years. There are now more breweries here per capita than anywhere else in Oregon! Deschutes led the way - they are the number one brewer in Oregon at this time. Bend Brewing and Cascade Lakes have been here for awhile as as Silver Moon. Now, a host of others have shown up. Brewers like Boneyard, Good Times, Worthy, etc. give folks that many more reasons to include Bend in their travel plans!

Favorite Dish: The stout is always great and the seasonals always change. In addition to their own super beers, they host a few taps for other microbreweries as well. Comparison keeps them honest.

So many beers, so little ......

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Cascade Lakes Brewing Co - The Lodge: Good Food and Beer

by jmpncsu Written Jan 17, 2014

Bend is a city known for its breweries, so although we only visited for one day, we had to check one out. We were staying at the Pine Ridge Inn and the Lodge was right across the street and so very convenient. We weren't very hungry, so we just split an appetizer and had some drinks. I can't comment on most of the menu, but the crab and artichoke dip was fantastic. Their beer was also very good - I had the Cyclops IPA, very hoppy and quite tasty. The bar was crowded, but we received great service for our server. Overall, we really liked this place. If we came back to Bend, I would likely try to hit up some of the other breweries, but would definitely stop by here again.

Favorite Dish: My wife and I really liked the crab and artichoke dip. We only split an appetizer and had drinks, so can't comment on anything else.

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Baldy's Barbeque: Good BBQ in Bend

by jmpncsu Written Jan 10, 2014

Baldy's Barbeque has multiple locations in and around Bend. We stopped for lunch at the westside location at the corner of Century Drive and Simpson Avenue on our way out to Tumalo Falls. We're from North Carolina and are accustomed to good barbeque and Baldy's didn't disappoint. My wife got the baby back ribs and I had a pulled pork sandwich on jalapeno cheddar roll and we were both very pleased with our meal. The ribs and pork were delicious, the sides were good, and the service was friendly. We would definitely stop here again the next time that we visit Bend.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo

DOUBLE D BAR & GRILL: BEND THE WAY IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN

by mtncorg Written Mar 18, 2010

Bend developed as a railroad town slowly growing until the late 1970’s with the development of the nearby ski area at Mt Bachelor and the real estate developments at Sun River. The development of downtown Bend through the ‘80’s and ‘90’s along with the retirement/cash out of many Californians thanks to the hot realty market down there then fueled a literal explosion in Bend’s growth. However, there was never an associated growth in local industry besides service and land development so when the latest recession came, Bend was one of the hardest hit areas in Oregon. Near million dollar lofts in downtown sit vacant, but one establishment that has seen it all perseveres, the Double D. Established not long after WWII, the Double D represents a bit of “old” Bend amongst the new. Visit the Double D and you will see new and old mingling together. A visit today is much easier since non-smoking laws have taken effect - in the old days, it was hard to see from one end to the other. Food here is plentiful with lots of specials - get here before 8AM for the breakfast specials so you are ready for the slopes. There are a lot fancier places to eat in Bend, but we always reserve at least one or two meals for the Double D!

Morning shines on the front of the Double D

• edgarhee's Profile Photo

Kona Mixed Plate: Island plate lunch food in Bend

by edgarhee Written Dec 18, 2009

If you enjoyed "lunch wagon" plate lunches at an Hawaiian beach park, miss Koren style Kal-Bi ribs or teriyaki beef and kim chee with several scoops of rice, here's the place to be in Bend, OR. Good value, big portions and friendly service.

Favorite Dish: Kal-Bi ribs rice plate. If you enjoied Korean food in Hawaii, you know why it's a favorite dish. Tasty thin sliced ribs that you can chew on.

• Cycling
    • Skiing and Boarding

• explorer02's Profile Photo

The Jackalope Grill: Fine Dining in Bend

by explorer02 Written Jul 22, 2007

If you are looking for fine dining in Bend this is a great place to go. It's a northwest menu with little diversity but what they do they do it right. The service was friendly and tentative. When I make it back to bend this place is always on my list.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Marz: Fine Dining in Downtown Bend

by Etoile2B Written Feb 5, 2007

Although I can't stand the name, and I wasn't terribly impressed by the eclectic, sci-fi inspired decor, Marz lived up to the recommendation. At the bar on Mt. Bachelor, we started talking to some of the locals and they mentioned this was a restaurant we shouldn't miss. After walking around the town of Bend, and entertaining many options around town, we decided to follow their advice and try Marz. The service was fantastic, the food was great and overall we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The cuisine was pricey but the portions were large. I was happy we listened to the locals and ate on Marz.

Marz

• Bilimari's Profile Photo

Toomie's Thai Cuisine: The Best Thai Food In US, Really!!

by Bilimari Updated Sep 9, 2005

Very friendly staff will greet you when you work in. The place is always busy with local customers.

I think it's the best Thai food restaurant not just in Oregon, but in US! Since I moved away from Bend, I've been wishing Toomie's to open a restaurant in Connecticut.

They offer a variety of Thai food, noodle, soup, seafood, meat, vegetarian, etc. The lunch special goes for about only $5.00! usually comes with a main with Pad Thai and salad. It really fills you up so come hungry.

Lunch: less than $10 with drink
    Dinner: $10 and up

Favorite Dish: The lunch special is always a good choice.
    I like noodle menu. The noodle is not over cooked, and you can actually taste and enjoy the sauce.
    Some menu can be very very spicy.

• Baldy's Barbecue: Winner of 45 National Barbeque Competitions

by hildebr Written Jul 21, 2005

Baldy's Barbecue is in an unassuming building that many drive by and don't know what they are missing. Rumor has it... the owner of Baldy's was discovered by Oprah when catering an event in Aspen... she declared it the best barbecue and had the owner on her show. They do lunch, dinner, takeout, or delivery.

Favorite Dish: I love the baby back ribs... the meat almost falls off the bone... yummy sauce... great sides. I love how this barbecue place doesn't try to be "gourmet"... it just puts out the best barbecue I've had!

• Westside Bakery: Fun Breakfast/ Bakery

by hildebr Written Jul 21, 2005

The Westside Bakery is a favorite breakfast restaurant of locals in town. Expect a wait on the weekends... but it goes fast... lots of seating in the waiting area. The restaurant has an ecclectic mix of decorations with a life size Big Bird, a train that goes around the room... it is just packed with fun memorabilia. The bakery makes great treats, too!

Favorite Dish: I like just about everything on the menu... I usually order a "scramble"... eggs, potatos, cheese, vegis all scrambled together. Fresh squeezed OJ is delicious, too!

• Pilot Butte Drive Inn: For the tastiest burger...

by kmifflin Written Oct 13, 2002

I haven't eaten here yet, only because I'm watching what I eat, but all the people I know here say hands down it has the best burger in the entire United States!! If you want a local restaurant that is tasty, sounds like this is the place!

Favorite Dish: Some reccomend the Ultimate, and others the Hawaiian burger.

Pilot Butte Drive Inn

• Shantae's Profile Photo

There are many great...

by Shantae Updated Aug 25, 2002

There are many great restaurants in Downtown Bend. There are plenty of little brew houses in the area. Microbrews are really big here. Legands is a must. It is a neat restaurant with a full bar up stairs with pool and a jukebox. This place is cool because you can be upstairs & look off the balcony to see whats going on downstairs. There is also a bar downstairs but it is more for eating on the first level and socializing on the 2nd.
    This restaurant is fairly priced. The atmosphere is the best part of the place. There are a lot of college students that hang out here but its a place for everyone.

Favorite Dish: The Microbrews definaltly!

• sverige's Profile Photo

Pilot Butte Drive In...

by sverige Written Aug 24, 2002

Pilot Butte Drive In Restaurant
    They feed you & feed you well, large serving, of quality food. The bacon is thick sliced & everything is delicious. Be prepared to wait, espeically on weekends, but, believe me, it is well worth the wait!!
    I just read a poll taken in the Bend area & 90% of people polled said that Pilot Butte Drive Inn is the place with the best burger in town!!

Favorite Dish: The breakfast is the best!! I like the French Toast!

• meier26's Profile Photo

Broken Top: Broken Top

by meier26 Written Aug 24, 2002

The atmosphere is elegant yet friendly, the price is more reasonable than you would expect from your first impression of the place, and the view from any seat is spectacular. I have attended several parties and weddings there and would recommend them wholeheartedly for special events. I like to take customers there for lunch out on the deck in the summer.

Favorite Dish: I like to try different things-the menu changes. It's always been excellent!

Instant Answers: Bend

Comments

Bend Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bend restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bend sightseeing.