Lincoln City Tourist Traps

by mcpangie

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Lincoln City

• chinook winds casino

by rpickering Written Feb 4, 2012

Went to chinook winds hotel and casino for a weekend. Something was wrong with our room, as there was an overwhelming smell of Clorox when we arrived. We left the windows open and the ocean breeze cleared out the smell but left the room cold. The next night we stayed we closed the windows. We had to leave very early in the am as I had a very aggressive allergic reaction to the mold or whatever was in the room. There was a strange sickly sweet smell which I am guessing was some type of black mold. We went and reported it to the office, but they said they would have housekeeping look at it. Terrible trip with very poor service and the hotel appears to be very run down. I will not be returning, and I would advise others not to take risks with their health.
    Also slot machines are super tight.

Unique Suggestions: Other hotels in Lincoln City are very good. The casino hotel at Spirit Mountain is very good.

Fun Alternatives: Do not chance anything at Chinook Winds!

• Seniors
    • Beaches

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

by mcpangie Updated May 26, 2004

Chinook Winds Casino & Convention Center

An Indian Casino with a view that goes on and on forever!

I laughed inwardly while eating in the Rogue River restaurant upstairs, seated next to a table with sweeping views of the beach and surf. I asked our server if the mouth of the Rogue River was nearby, and she said... "No, that's the Pacific Ocean out there." She assumed I was a dumb tourist I suppose... but I was kind of laughing at her misunderstanding me.

Unique Suggestions: I found the slots to be "tight", which probably means I gamble too much! Maybe more fun in the poker room, or if considered entertainment.

Fun Alternatives: I saw people taking a break from gambling to go down to the beach and walk around on the sand and watch the waves.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Lincoln City

Comments

Lincoln City Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Lincoln City tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lincoln City sightseeing.