Medford Restaurants

Porter's Inside Booths
    Porter's Patio
    Entry

Most Recent Restaurants in Medford

• 38 Central: Don't Miss the Hot Spot!

by Tammydancer Written Dec 12, 2008

Wow! Real food in a real HOT space! 38 Central is the best spot in the valley right now. great food, great wine list, great space! I had the best Halibut in my life here, sweet and fresh with a wonderful array of vegetables.

We hang out here on Thursday after work just to watch the power boys come in to eat ;)

Favorite Dish: Halibut, or Scallops, or the Fried Chicken!! So so tasty!

• Business Travel

• edss's Profile Photo

Porters Dining at the Depot: Great restaurant in Medford

by edss Written Jun 17, 2008
    Porter's Inside Booths

This restaurant is in a renovated train station, but it is very classy. You can sit inside or outside. We say outside since the weather was nice and the greenery enhanced our dining experience. They have many good dished to choose from including steaks, prime rib, ahi tuna, lamb, fish and chips, and duck.

Favorite Dish: The lamb was excellent and I highly recommend it. Pear Belle Helene makes a great dessert so save room.

• School Holidays

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Black Bear Diner: Tasty diner food!

by Carmanah Updated Mar 22, 2008

The Black Bear Diner has won me over!

All the way along I-5, from about Redding all the way northbound, there were these massive freeway billboards advertizing it and I remember thinking to myself, "Hmmm... I'm sure somehow I'l end up eating there", even though we had no definite meal plans during our road trip.

After passing by Mount Shasta and encountering a freak snow storm on our descent, we arrived at our hotel in Medford hungry and discovered a Black Bear Diner across the street!

Once inside, they sat us down right away. The menus are presented like newspapers on folded newsprint. Once you open them up, there are so many choices for dinner - meatloaf, chicken, ribs, chicken fried steak, etc. With the dinners you start with soup or salad, and then you pick 2 side dishes from their selection of baked potato, vegetable of the day, onion rings, fresh coleslaw, and I'm sure there are other things too.

Service is prompt and very friendly. I'll gladly dine at any Black Bear Diner again!

Favorite Dish: The fried chicken dinner with onion rings and sweet potato mashers! The chicken is delicious and the mashed sweet potato tastes like pumpkin pie filling! The onion rings were massive - I could only eat two. On top of that, they serve the food with a massive wedge of fried garlic bread and they serve your dinner with a starter of salad or soup. Sooooo massive, so filling, but delicious and tasty!

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Rooster's Restaurant: "Homestyle Cooking and Pies"

by Carmanah Updated Feb 16, 2008

After driving non-stop from Vancouver the night before, we finally stopped for a meal in Medford. Rooster's was the first place we saw and it sounded like exactly what we wanted.

Famished and exhausted, we entered Rooster's, and that's when it hit me that I wasn't home anymore. I wasn't even in the Pacific Northwest anymore. Perhaps it was the slight drawl I heard, or perhaps it was the warm, genuine staff. Either way, it made a very pleasant introduction to Medford!

Entering this restaurant is like entering somebody's country farm kitchen. The theme is evidently roosters, so you see a lot of that. There's also wood panelling everywhere, so it just feels very homey. The menu is big and the portions are huge.

The food? The food is great. Huge, huge portions, so keep this in mind when you order - you may not need those biscuits and gravy or that cinnamon bun - but if you're famished like I was, then yes, it is so worth it!

Favorite Dish: I remember having a traditional American breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, hash browns, etc, but it also came with this amazing cinnamon bun which was about the size of a dinner plate. It was massive, but so very delicious! I think the cinnamon buns are famous here, but you may have to ask to have it wrapped up to go because it really is massive.

Instant Answers: Medford

Comments

Medford Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Medford restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Medford sightseeing.