Multnomah Falls Restaurants

• The Restraunt is Located on the Second Floor
    The Restraunt is Located on the Second...
    by GuthrieColin
    Sign for the Restaurant
    by GuthrieColin
    Multnomah Falls
    by goingsolo

Most Recent Restaurants in Multnomah Falls

• Multnomah Falls Lodge: I expect better :(

by KathrynTheGreat1 Written Jan 31, 2013

This is a beautiful upscale restaurant with a great view of the fall and surrounding area. It's very warm and comfortable. This is the second time I've dined at the lodge in the past 12 months. The first time was last May or June 2012. I arrived right when they had switched to the dinner menu so around 3pm. I was with my 2yr old and his daddy. We sat on the patio it was a beautiful day, sunny but on the cooler side around 50 degrees. We ordered a couple seasonal beers on draft and an apple juice for my son. The male server we had was wonderful and accomodating. My son had a cup of black bean soup, which was delicious. Since we were going to hike the fall I chose something light, I had the Latourell. The Flat Iron Steak was cooked perfect and the salad all-together was delicious (I ordered w/o walnuts). This small - med salad was $19.. pretty spendy if you ask me but that's because Portland has a very large variety of amazing restaurants with just as good, if not better quality food, service & environment where this would cost at most $15. He had the Smoked Salmon Fettuccine also $19. When it was brought to the table I immediately thought the strong fishy smell wasn't right. I was offered a bite and had to pass which isn't like me as salmon is one of my favorite. He ate almost all of it. For the three of us plus tip, our tab was $70 and some change. We didn't get but 30 minutes up the trail when the Salmon Fettuccine made another appearance. I knew the salmon had to be bad. We went back to the lodge where he could freshen up and I spoke to the manager. The mgr. was friendly while trying to explain food poisoning and the length of time it takes. I had to explain the fact that our bodies react differently to foreign or unsavory things. He gave us a gift card which I was fine with since I had already planned on returning but now I had hoped to return and have a better experience.

Today we came back without our toddler. The menu seemed to have lunch & dinner items, I'm not completely sure. We both ordered a seasonal beer on draft and they were both flat so we switched to a bottled import. He started with a cup of potato bacon soup which was delicious and I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie $19. I figured it may be more than I could eat alone so we waited to see if we should order anything else. It came, it was very small and thin. I lifted the crust up to find pasty sauce w/ lots of peas, some potatos & carrots and almost no Draper Valley chicken. I wouldn't pay more that $3 or $4 for this dish so I surely wasn't going to accept it for $19. It was horrible! The server took it and we decided on the Chicken Marsala on Ciabatta bread which was the lunch special $11.50. It came and when I noticed it had mushrooms I passed it to him since I knew it's what he wanted. He said it was great. I ordered Roasted Turkey Sandwich which came with Honey Hickory Potato Chips for $11.50. I asked if the Turkey was fresh roasted since I don't like processed meats. I was told that it was. When it came to the table it was processed turkey with a couple pieces of lettuce & some cranberry cream cheese on bread. It was like a sandwich you could grab out of the fridge at a 7-11 for $4.

When the food is bad somewhere I like to at least recommend going there for drinks but since their local ale's on draft were flat and I ordered a mixed drink that was so weak I also ordered a shot and it was in the smallest shot glass I had ever seen. I felt like I was eating at a movie theater or Blazer game only without any of the high priced entertainment. I will probably dine somewhere else prior to coming next time and pack a cooler along with a flask even though I love the lodge experience.

One last thing... everytime I have ever used the ladies room upstairs at the restaurant they smell as bad as an out house. I'm so disappointed.

When I come to hike, I will continue to check back to see if things have improved as I would love to entertain there if I can.

Favorite Dish: They seem to do great with their soups :)

• tombstone1's Profile Photo

multanomah fall resturant: the food

by tombstone1 Written Aug 6, 2012

the resturant and inside and out is very charming an appealing when we went inside i thought i might have underdressed abit but it didnt matter. it seems ppl of all differnt dress codes were in there and it didnt matter.
    the staff there is fantasticly pleasent, and courtiouse and prompt.

Favorite Dish: we dont have a favorit dish, actually the food we got was...well... not very good. my husband and i both got sandwiches he got the smoked salmon and it tasted like tuna fish and i got a chicken salad which was actually good but it need some extra salt and peper maybe even a hint of cumin. the bread however was dryy. and the homemade hony muster chips were not very good. i think some one should just give the cheif some helpful word of critizem to help him better his/ her food just a bit.

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Multonomah Falls Lodge: Such a warm atmosphere

by Segolily Updated Sep 25, 2009

We weren't planning on eating here, but just happened to be here in the early afternoon when we were hungry and thinking about food. The lodge is a wonderful old forest style that seems to blend right into the cliffside. The grounds are full of flowers and ferns. There is a small gift shop, a visitors center but despite the name there are no rooms to rent. Upstairs is the restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The day we were there in early September was a little chilly. They had a fire going in the huge stone fireplace. And we chose that rather than a table out back with a partial view of the falls.

We thought twice about staying since we were so casually dressed, but they didn't even look twice. Service was casual as well, but effective.

Favorite Dish: I'm sure one of us got the salmon as it was salmon season but it has been awhile. Whatever we got was good and thoroughly enjoyed.
    This was a quiet, classic stop on a kind of a whirlwind touring day that gave us a second breath. We were glad we stopped.

• National/State Park

• GuthrieColin's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Restaurant and Lounge: Multnomah Falls Lodge

by GuthrieColin Updated May 15, 2009
    The Restraunt is Located on the Second Floor

The Multnomah Falls Lodge Restaurant is a fairly pricey place to eat. The atmosphere inside is quaint and i must say a little bit snobby feeling. I ate here after a very long day of hiking and i felt at first that the servers didn't want to wast their time with me since i didn't look the part of their normal clientèle.
    After i did get service, i found their to be a good selection of wine and a delicious selection of meal choices. Dinners are served with bread and a salad which were also very good. After a long day of hiking it really hit the spot.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• TexasLinda's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Restaurant: The Best Sunday Brunch!

by TexasLinda Written Mar 15, 2005

The Sunday Brunch buffet was outstanding! Everything was there and the staff was prompt and polite. The food was excellent and the view gorgeous! The dining area is small and intimate, a very romantic setting.

Favorite Dish: There was so much there to eat, it's hard to say what was a favorite!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Lodge: Multnomah Falls Lodge

by goingsolo Written Mar 9, 2005

Multnomah Falls

This is an indoor and outdoor dining room in the historic Lodge. The interior is a combination of rustic and elegant with its wooden high beam ceiling, floor to ceiling windows and chandeliers.

The luncheon menu is mostly burgers, salads and sandwiches. The smoked salmon luncheon plate was fantastic. A huge plate of fresh fruit, smoked salmon, pepper jack cheese and a loaf of bread, accompanied by strawberries and creme fraiche. Its easily enough for 2, and pretty affordable.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Lodge: Lunch with a View

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Sep 7, 2004

Multnomah Falls Lodge

Multnomah Falls Lodge was designed by A. E. Doyle and built in 1925. It is an impressive old stone building with three dining rooms offering views of the Falls on one side and the Columbia River Gorge on the other. A massive stone fireplace adds to the ambiance. It is the perfect spot to relax and savor the timeless, enchanting beauty of this special place.

The Lodge is open daily, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is owned by the USDA Forest Service and operated by Multnomah Falls Co. Inc., under a special use permit with the Forest Service.

Favorite Dish: Multnomah Falls Lodge specializes in Northwest Cuisine. We enjoyed the "Lunch Sandwich Special of the Day" - smoked salmon on a croissant. Karen had a fresh garden salad and I the clam chowder. Our meals were tasty and satisfying.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Lodge: Full of Atmosphere

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 17, 2004

Lodge and viewing area

The historic Multnomah Falls Lodge was builtuilt in 1925, and the lodge provides fine northwest cuisine with a panoramic view from your table.

The Lodge houses a U.S. Forest Service interpretive center, an exceptional gift shop, stair or elevator access to the main lobby dining rooms, patio dining in suitable weather, lounge with bar, snack bar, espresso cart and public restrooms.

Unfortunately, we were in rather a hurry, to see more Falls in the area, as well as Mount Hood, so we could not stop to sample the various culinary delights available

The picture, taken from the footbridge above the lower Falls, shows the viewing area, with the Lodge hidden in the trees, to the left.

• thecatsmeow's Profile Photo

Multnomah Falls Lodge: Waterfall dining

by thecatsmeow Updated Jun 25, 2003

The restaurant is located on the second floor of the historic Multnomah Falls Lodge.
    It serves Northwest Cuisine with a gorgous view.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Salmon $15.95
    Lime marinated grilled salmon with a citrus-huckleberry salsa. Served with basmati rice.

Applewood Grilled Salmon $15.95
    A fresh salmon filet grilled with sweet applewood chips. Topped with a cracked pepper compound butter. Served with roasted tomatoes and basmati rice
    Both of these dishes are the best.

Instant Answers: Multnomah Falls

Comments

Multnomah Falls Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Multnomah Falls restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Multnomah Falls sightseeing.

View all Multnomah Falls hotels