Sports Bars, Portland

Know about this? Rate It!

• Sports Bars
    by ATXtraveler
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

The Bullpen: The Bullpen

by cjg1 Updated Oct 3, 2006

It was in this sports bar in August of 2002 that I witnessed the bicycle theft. Quite an ok place to watch a game and have some drinks. The locals didn't mind me too much as I played the "knowledgeable fan" instead of a Yankee way or the highway attitude.

All around a great place to go watch the game.

• Beer Tasting

• Biljana's Profile Photo

Kelly's Olympian: ~KELLY'S OLYMPIAN~

by Biljana Written Jul 8, 2005
    Shots on fire!

When we first entered this place it didn't look all that promising. The interior decor is rather dark with a few bikes strung up above the bar, a wall full of mirrors on the opposite side and various neon displays. We got beers for a $1 (you get what you pay for) and the waitress didn't seem too eager to serve us probably due to our very cheap order. Once we decided to stick around we ordered various drinks, service improved, the place filled up and the DJ started playing a variety of music but mostly rock. At the end of the night we came out with a bill that was just over $100 which was amazing considering that we were a fairly large group and had drinks there over a five hour span.

Dress Code: This place is super casual, hence no dress code. Anything goes.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Henry's 12th Street Tavern: Watch a game, eat some Gargonzola Fries!

by ATXtraveler Written Jun 8, 2004

Henry's Tavern on 12th

Well, it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, so a sports bar was in order for the night. My buddy Nick (see warnings) recommended meeting me at Henry's on 12th... great selection!

The appetizers were large and delicious, and the selection of beer was phenomenal. In Portland, it is sacreligious not to drink microbrew, so I had the best the Northwest could offer.

I highly recommend the Gargonzola Fries and a Rogue Ale!

Dress Code: I was in khakis and a button down shirt and did not feel overdressed or underdressed. I saw shorts in the bar area....

Instant Answers: Portland