Salem What to Pack

Best Rated What to Pack in Salem

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

Packing List

by slabeaume Written Aug 26, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: You'll need to bring warm clothes to Oregon year around! They may have days in the summer when it will get over 100 degrees (and reaches what Oregonians like to complain is a 'high' humidity of about 30%---they should come to the midwest in the summer some time if they want to find out what high humidity really feels like!!!), but the evenings cool off nicely. Most summers we're there the highs are only in the 80's and lows in the 50's.

Photo Equipment: Lots and lots of it! I carry 3 camera with me---a 35 mm with a wide angle zoom lens for scenary and a 300mm zoom for close ups; a digital camera because they're fun to play with ; and my newest addition--a digital camcorder.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Lots of places to camp. We did camp at a place very close to Salem and Silver Falls---Elkhorn ( I think)---and it was nice. But I about froze, even though it was summer!
    THis is a picture of the crystal clear stream by the camp sites.

Instant Answers: Salem

Comments

Salem What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Salem what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Salem sightseeing.