Seaside Restaurants

American Breakfast Diner
    Guido & Vito's -- Seaside

Best Rated Restaurants in Seaside

• andreas81's Profile Photo

Zinger's ice cream parlor: yum-o-rama homemade ice cream

by andreas81 Written Sep 1, 2005

yow....totally homemade scrumptch-o-rama. I'm not normally into ice cream or sweets, but I often make a run here for the really good gourmet stuff. Besides....i'm horribly lactose intolerant and have to down like a dozen of those pills to even take in a little...but the inconvenience is worth it. Beside, single cones are TWICE the normal size...and doubles...well, you do the math. so good it hurts.

Favorite Dish: Have loved their malted milk balls in the past....HUGE milkbballs in there that make you look like a chipmunk.

marionberry is also exquisite...made from Marion county bounty....yay!!!

But the mango flavor....holy #$$%!!! I'm in love.....rich, tart and sweet, and has real chunks of mango in it.

Noho's Hawaiian Cafe: Spam and Eggs

Wind Catcher

Stosh suggested this place across from his Bed and Breakfast. Noho's is a regional chain of Hawaiian cafes though it felt like a local place, not a chain. Hawaii has the highest per capita consumption of Spam, but there is none on the menu. Fortunately? Spam was featured on the day's specials. If you don't know what Spam is, you may be the lucky one, or not. It is made of various parts of a pig with some potato starch to make it into a loaf. It comes in a tin for longevity and portability. The food was a bit heavy, but tasty, and the portions are generous.

Favorite Dish: We chose the daily specials. We had the appetizer (pupu) of spam and eggs packed in rice and bound with seaweed. This roll can be dipped in soy sauce.

If that wasn't enough, we also had a pulled pork that was also the special of the day.

To see a Menu: http://www.nohos.com/menu_web-03.pdf

Norma's Ocean Diner: Fresh Seafood

N Columbia St

Norma's is a small place, so expect a wait, and the tables are jammed in, so don't expect a lot of elbow room. Not the most pleasant dining experience, but the food was fresh and tasty. I met a fellow Kodiak citizen, Stosh in Seaside. Stosh is a commercial fisherman, so he knows about the quality of fish products.

Favorite Dish: I had the 1st Mate Plate...$21.95 ($18.95 on their website)
    Delectable Seafood Medley of Salmon, Tuna, Prawns, Halibut, Calamari, Scallops & Oysters

While Stosh had Petrale Sole...$17.95 ($15.95 on their website)
    Locally sourced-lightly breaded & pan fried

We each started with Clam Chowder Bowl $5.50 Cup $3.25(BOWL..$4.95 Cup..$2.95 website)
    Normas World-Famous Clam Chowder, a Seaside Tradition for more than 30 years ! Made in our kitchen with select clams, chock full of potatoes and pork free. Served with fresh baked bread or garlic toast and pat of butter.

Pig 'N Pancake: Breakfast time

American Breakfast Diner

While the Pig 'N Pancake looks like a place to avoid, it is one of only a few breakfast options and there are many locals inside. The first day I had something not on the internet menu which had a sauce that gave me the runs, but if you choose something simple you will fare better stomach wise. The portions are generous (I couldn't finish) and the food is passable. The best feature is that the waitresses are attentive about keeping your coffee cup full.

Favorite Dish: Potato Pancakes, Made with fresh shredded potatoes, Served with applesauce and 2 strips of bacon. If you have never had potato pancakes, you are in for a treat. It is best to spread the applesauce over the cakes as your topping. A special treat.

Buttermilk Pancakes (4) & (6) Made from scratch - The Best!
    A basic breakfast best eaten with maple syrup. A filling start to the day. I usually was able to eat 5 cakes leaving one.

Guido & Vito's Italian Eatery: Antipasto

Guido & Vito's -- Seaside

Guido & Vito's opened a small eatery in Seaside, though their website has not been updated. Stosh and I came here the first night of the Bridge tournament. Unaware of the rush of people, there was only one server who was overwhelmed. So our service was not typical. Later in the tournament I stopped in for lunch which was a more pleasant experience than that first night.

Favorite Dish: I had the Vito's Antipasta
    With baby greens, marinated vegetable, kalamata olives and assorted meats and cheeses.
    While Stosh ordered Shrimp & Green Lipped Mussels (Scampi Style)
    Pan seared & served in a broth of roasted garlic, white wine & rosemary.

On my return for lunch I had a bowl of the day's zuppa (soup) which was tasty.

To wash it down I recommend the San Pelligrino, but you may wish a nice chianti

Pizza Harbor: Pizza

by kaloz Written Nov 27, 2008

I could go for a pizza right about now

Pizza is one of those wonderful foods that can be eaten hot and fresh or cold having sat in the fridge for later. The first night in Seaside (out of season) it was hard to find food, so having a pizza in the fridge was a good option for times when the town was closed.

Pizza Harbor also has an outdoor play area for children that is fenced in so parents do not have to worry about the kiddies wandering off.

If Pizza is going to be one of your choices, print out the internet coupon before your visit to Seaside Oregon: http://www.pizzaharbor.com/coupons.htm

Favorite Dish: My first pie was The Bayou Blast: Shrimp, linguisa, green peppers, onions and seasoned like jambalaya! 25.99 21.00 14.00 9.50.

Later on I tried The Harbor Combo: Hickory smoked ham, pepperoni, black olive, onion & linguisa. 25.99 21.00 14.00 9.50

Dooger's Seafood and Grill: Local's Recommend Dooger's

A Local Favorite

I ate at Dooger's twice. The first time was very good, I was joined by Stosh and two ladies. The second time was not as good, my waitress brought the wrong food, but comped a dessert to make up for the mistake. Many locals recommend Dooger's and it is more spacious than Norma's, but I preferred that place even with the wait.

Favorite Dish: Stosh had the Rock Shrimp (the menu says deep fried) sauteed by request $15.95
    The Ladies had Crab Cakes topped with Hollandaise Sauce and a crab leg $18.95
    I was feeling peckish and only had a Baked Potato for $2.50
    The dinner salads looked so wonderful and was why I went back.

On my return visit I ordered Shrimp Fettucine in Alfredo $16.95
    The waitress brough Shrimp Louie Salad $13.95
    To make up for the mistake, she comped me a Penut Butter Pie $4.50

McKeown's Restaurant & Bar: Bar & Grill

Bar & Grill

McKeown's Restaurant & Bar was the only place that I could find serving the night I arrived, even at that it was an after hours limited fare. I did go back later the next week to see what they really had to offer. McKeown's Restaurant & Bar also offers a Sunday Brunch.

Favorite Dish: When I arrived in Seaside it was already late, by the time I checked in at the Hotel and found Stosh who had forgotten his cell phone, all the eating eastablishments were closed, this bing a Monday night and out of season. I finally stumbled into McKeown's who was offering a limited fare. I had a bowl of Chowder for $4.99

I went to McKeown's Restaurant & Bar for lunch and had the 1/2 SANDWICH WITH ANGEL HAIR PASTA SALAD $6.50 Our chefs will create a different sandwich each day for variety.

It hit the spot.

• Riverside Bar-B-Que: When pigs fly

by mblaseckie Updated Aug 18, 2005

Mmm....ribs

The only thing to make this more perfect would be a big ol' airstream trailer parked out back with a couple of hound dogs scratching themselves under the steps.
    The cafe itself is a small. passionate pink clapboard building slightly smaller than most people's living room. Out front are two big black Texas smokers, a pile of wood and the most wonderful scented smoke pouring out.
    The menu is pretty basic and not vegan friendly. There is the pork sandwich, beef brisket sandwich, prime rib french dip and, of course, ribs. Chicken, salmon, oysters and clams are also available but the stars of the place really are the pork and beef.
    This little piddly squat place sits right on the banks of the local river and there are outside tables available. It would be nice to sit out there if it weren't for the fact that the highway is just a few yards away. Inside the restaurant, the tables are all against the window so the view is perfect and the noise limited to the country & Western station. This place is the real deal. Unpretentious and delivers on its promise of good food.
    The girls each had the prime rib French dip and they were so happy they forgot whatever it was they'd been pouting about for the past three days. The only downside was the meat, being off a prime rib, tended to have a bit too much fat for our tastes but some folk may find that even more appealing. My wife had the pork sandwich, a challenge to keep together long enough to eat.
    I tucked into a side of ribs...awesome. They were meaty and smokey and definitely ribs to be respected. I ended up eating them with a knife and fork. Washed it down with a Red Hook IPA - perfect lunch.
    Keep in mind they also do take out...this would make the basis of a pretty terrific beach picnic.

Favorite Dish: Ribs - it's the basis any bar-b-que and this place is no exception. Although if I go back, I just might be tempted to try the smoked prime rib.

• The Happy Clam: No worth trying

by ravengritz Written Aug 13, 2007

I'm so sad that sea creatures had to die for this meal. My husband ordered the fish and chips and said it was honestly the worst fish and chips he's ever had, I tried some and have to agree. The fish was freezer burned and rubbery ( showed up at the table curled in on itself and oddly tan in color) and the fries were a lower quality than any fast food fries i've had. My clam strips looked like they could have been fantastic (big and meaty) but unfortunately due to what I'm guessing were poor cooking practices and freezing it was like eating a big rubber band, after the first one I couldn't bring myself to have another. We also got a bread bowl with chowder. The sourdough bowl was good and the measuring cup worth of chowder inside was palateable although it tasted strongly of corn starch. Our son got the best meal, he ordered the kid's fish and chips with salmon and the fish was quite good. The atmosphere included bare light bulbs and vinyl benches that are worn out and patched with duct tape, a server that was at best forgetful and a door that was propped open throughout the meal on a 50 degree day. I'm so bummed that the meal wasn't better.

• jasperdo's Profile Photo

Seaside Candyman: Great Salt Water Taffy

by jasperdo Written Oct 11, 2006

Seaside Candyman

This place is a bit hard to find, but worth it. I think they have the best Salt Water Taffy on the Oregon Coast. They have a whopping 170 flavors of taffy, and they are all good...very flavorful and soft, with no cheap after taste. You grab a plastic bag when you enter, and go row by row, filling your bag. It's currently $4.55 a pound, and it's well worth it. For taste and selection, the Seaside Candyman can't be beat.

• orcoastgirl's Profile Photo

Taste of Tuscany: Amazing Italian Food Here

by orcoastgirl Written Oct 27, 2006

Chicken Parmesan

This restaurant is fairly new to the Seaside dining scene. We have only been here one time but it was very, very good. Everything was beautifully presented and the chef came out to chat with us throughout our meal.

Our service was very good, this is some of the finest Italian food in the area and pretty reasonably priced, also.

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Parmesan, the Grilled T-Street Salad, Bruschetta, Creme Brulee and Lemon Dream Dessert

• Maggie's on the prom: Rude staff and awful food

by stacylaine Updated Feb 17, 2010

I saw an ad in the beach newspaper describing gluten free options at Maggies. My parter and I arrived looking rather beachy the waitress looked us up and down and asked us if we have reservations since they were over booked. I looked at all of the empty tables - puzzeled. We would have been their first guests. She had to go talk to another member of the staff and decided to 'accept' us into their establishment. I should of left right then. Nothing in their ad mentioned that reservations were required. My money is just as good as someone elses, I even questioned if it was becuase we are gay? I asked the waitress about the gluten free options in which she was not overly familiar with. Much running back in forth between the kitchen and to the table. After much decision I ordered the chef special for $21 which she informed me was gluten free and removing the goat cheese was dairy free also. I ordered a glass of reisling for $6 which turned out to be St. Michelle - which you buy at Plaid Pantry for the same price or cheaper. In eager anticipation my dinner came. I was horrified to find out that when I requested gluten/dairy free that all I was left with was a bed of spinach, 3 prawns, and 5 slices of sausage. All for a whopping $21. Could I have at least received clean silverware to dine with? I asked the waitress where the polenta and other ingredients were and she said in order to fulfill my request those items were eliminated. Why was I not informed about this nor did I see any discount for providing me a forth of what I was described I was going to get? As we left still the place remained empty with all of their fake reservations. Starving and broke after paying way too much for an appetizer of a dinner with uptight and unhelpful service I pouted and went and bought chips and salsa at Safeway. I would hope that if I paid $21 for a plate of fabulous food that I would walk away in awe and inspired. I would highly recommend avoiding this place.

• Gay and Lesbian

• dragoness86's Profile Photo

Lil Bayou: Cool Cajun

by dragoness86 Updated Mar 26, 2007

Lil Bayou is a cozy little restaurant near the center of town. We went there on a thursday night and they had a guitar/sax duet playing.

Favorite Dish: I had the tscapatoulas (SP!) which was chicken breast.. very good. its the house specialty. We were not too impressed with their bloody marys or the bread pudding desert.

A pricey for comfort but we had never had cajun style before so we gave it a shot and came out satisfied.

• jasperdo's Profile Photo

Norma's Ocean Diner: Great Clam Chowder

by jasperdo Updated Oct 25, 2006

Norma's Ocean Diner is one of the more popular restaurants in Seaside. It looks like a lighthouse from the outside, and has a cozy seating area. They serve excellent clam chowder, the best I've had on the Oregon coast. It is rich and creamy, without the large chunks of potatoes that you find in many clam chowders. I found it much better than Mo's, which is an institution on the coast.

Aside from the Clam Chowder, I found Norma's to be just an average seafood restaurant. I had the Captain's Platter, which I found to be expensive at $20.95. It had 7 different types of seafood, but just a small portion of each. The halibut was just a few small nugget sized pieces. To be fair though, that seems to be the way halibut is served along the Oregon Coast. I've been to other places that served the fish in small bite sized pieces. I prefer larger pieces...but I got spoiled on English Fish and Chips when we were in England.

Over all, Norma's is a decent Seafood restaurant, but a bit expensive. the Clam Chowder is great, however.

Instant Answers: Seaside

Comments

Seaside Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Seaside restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seaside sightseeing.