Bellevue Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bellevue

Muddy Cup: Friendly Coffee House

by VeronicaG Updated Mar 13, 2009

Mom ordering a latte

UPDATE: The Muddy Cup's luscious looking baked goods come from The Lincoln Bakery next door. The scones are baked by someone who really knows their scones--try one!

Today my mother and I dropped by the Muddy Cup Coffee House for a mid-morning revival. We were ready to relax after a recycling run, a quick book-return to Bayne Public Library and a browse through the Dollar Store.

We received a friendly greeting as we beheld the confections behind the counter--raspberry scones, biscotti, over-sized cookies, muffins, pound cakes, bagels and other assorted wonders.

After snapping a quick photo, we ordered non-fat lattes: I ordered caramel macchiato and she chose hazelnut. Umm, so deliciously creamy!

Other coffee selections are: vanilla, cappuccino, Americano, cafe mocha, white mocha, iced coffee, espresso, espresso con panna, espresso macchiato.

If you're in the mood for something else: chai tea latte, hot twining tea, vanilla creme, hot chocolate, caramel apple cider, ice tea (black or green), iced tea lemonade, apple juice. Other non-coffee choices are also available.

Salads, wraps and a few sandwich choices can be enjoyed for lunch/dinner. You can even pick up a gallon of coffee for that special gathering: 10 cups for $13.50.

If you're a purist, whole beans can be purchased, such as, Costa Rican tarrazu, Sumatra, mocha java, vanilla creme and seasonal flavors.

We ordered two chocolate chip biscotti, one raspberry scone and two lattes totaling: $10.54.

Hours are Mon-Thurs.6:30am-8pm; Fri. 6:30am-9pm; Sat. 8am-9pm and Sun. 8am-3pm. Owner, Renee Tokar, will be more than happy to help you!

Uncle Chen Chinese Restaurant: Chinese on the Main Street

by VeronicaG Updated Mar 13, 2009

Uncle Chen's is ideally located along Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue's main street. It was a cheerful restaurant, with red and gold throughout the decor and comfy booth seating, as well as some tables.

Like most Chinese restaurants you are offered a huge choice of entrees, along with eight different types of soups (Wonton and Egg Drop included), as well as numerous appetizers ranging from crispy egg rolls ($1.50 for one) to the Pu Pu Platter for two ($9.95).

After browsing the menu, I selected my favorite, Moo Goo Gai Pan ($7.95) and steamed white rice--since they did not have brown rice, which I actually prefer. The sauce was on the sweet side.

Mom ordered Chicken with Vegetables ($7.95), thinking that this dish contained basically the same ingredients as my entree, except that it provided double the veggies. The portions were such that we carted half our meal home to be enjoyed the next day for lunch.

Additional entrees are: Shrimp Lo Mein ($6.95), Chicken Egg Foo Young ($7.95), Kung Pao Beef ($8.95) and many, many others.

A fortune cookie ended the meal. We rate Uncle Chen's as a decent place to eat for a moderate price.

Miller's Seafood House: Home Cooking

by VeronicaG Updated Nov 11, 2008

Cranberry/Turkey Melt with Sweet Potato Fries

Miller's Seafood House has been serving up home-cooked meals since as long as I can remember. This Bellevue institution is known for the heaping portions and relaxed atmosphere.

The dining area perhaps needs a bit of updating to its lighthouse/nautical theme, but "hey" we're here for the "feel-good-in-your-stomach" food....not the trendy Pittsburgh restaurant scene.

When Mom and I stopped by for lunch, a group of eight chatty ladies were meeting here for a card party. They were sure enjoying the get together!

Mom and I both ordered a cranberry/turkey melt sandwich on toasted white bread. I thought the taste might be heightened if it were served on toasted wheat bread, using whole cranberries rather than the gelled cranberries.

Nevertheless, we ate half our meal and brought the rest home for another day. Sweet potato fries accompanied our sandwich.

*picture to follow

The Bellevue Diner: North Pittsburgh Diner

by VeronicaG Updated Nov 11, 2008

The Bellevue Diner

We thought we left the diners behind in New Jersey, but lo and behold....we discovered The Bellevue Diner!

Just as you might expect, the menu was extensive. Breakfast is served all day, so there were menu items such as: omelets, breakfast burrito, eggs and bacon/sausages, french toast, pancakes (chocolate chip, strawberry, blueberry), Belgian waffle, quiche of the day and platters such as: two eggs, one French toast, one sausage and one bacon strip ($5.50) and more.

Having already eaten breakfast, we chose a grilled chicken salad ($6.95) which was loaded with chicken and shredded cheese and topped with a side of french fries. I keep forgetting to say "Hold the fries!" Is this just a Pennsylvania thing? The portion was generous and there was more chicken than I've ever seen in a salad of this type before. It was a great choice and very good!

Dinner samples: Roast Turkey, Meat Loaf, Spaghetti with homemade sauce, Crab Cakes and Fried Jumbo Shrimp--typical diner fare--hearty home cookin'.

MoJobistro: Small Bistro Outside City Center

by VeronicaG Updated Sep 12, 2008

Mom and me at Mojobistro

Situated along Lincoln Avenue, in the small town of Bellevue, finding a jewel of a restaurant like Mojobistro was quite a surprise (pic #2).

The warm glow of the gold colored walls, pleasant decor and inviting atmosphere make one feel welcome instantly. The bubbly waitress who chatted with us proved to be quite efficient and good-natured!

We skipped over the appetizers and with little hesitation selected our main entrees. Jim and I chose the Creole Chicken Linguine--a huge helping of grilled chicken, broccoli, crimini mushrooms, sauteed spinach over linguine, which was tossed in a lightly spiced Alfredo sauce ($18). It was excellent!

My mom opted for the Shrimp and Grits--a dish of seasoned grilled shrimp with grilled asparagus atop a mound of spicy cheese and bacon grits ($18), which was a great blending of flavors.

We had so much left on our plate (not due to any lack of enthusiasm on our part) that we took at least half of it home with us. Anymore, this seems a common thing when dining out...too much of a good thing, but perfectly suited for enjoying as a second meal a day or so later.

• Women's Travel

Lincoln Bakery: A Legend in Sweets

Lincoln Bakery

A birthday cake from Lincoln Bakery was always a special treat! The bakery's reputation has been carefully nurtured through the years and still seems to be on the top of people's list when celebrations are planned.

However, there are other delectable confections to be found here. The glass display case offers an array of mouth-watering pastry, raised donuts, tasty cookies and hearty breads...luscious cakes and assortment of pies. Wedding cakes can be ordered with fruit fillings between the layers.

When navigating the streets of Bellevue, take time to stop in, where you'll revel in the aroma of wonderfully baked goods and perhaps grab a donut or two.

Favorite Dish: There are so many, but the cakes are wonderful! Stop by for a raised donut...

Nibbles and Licks: A Yummy Place

Nibbles and Licks

Summer and ice cream just go hand-in-hand in my opinion, so Nibbles and Licks is a good place to stop on a hot and humid day.

On my Mom's advice, I am adding this as a tip. Apparently, she likes Nibbles and Licks! If you look close you'll see the store was closed when I took the picture--we never got the opportunity to try a lick or a nibble!

However, you'll find more than ice cream here. You'll delight in their candy selection, perhaps want to add a cookie jar to your kitchen counter or return to your earlier, slimmer days when having a milkshake didn't concern you at all!

The Rusty Nail: Cozy Little Restaurant on the Fringe

The Rusty Nail

Don't you just love dropping by a local eatery? One that's a town favorite? That's The Rusty Nail to be sure!

When visiting Pittsburgh and family, we usually grab a bite to eat at this cozy restaurant along Bellevue's Lincoln Avenue. Bellevue is a quaint little town 3-4 miles beyond the fringe of the city and near where my mother lives. When traveling home it's become an enjoyable routine for us to browse through the small shops and stop by for lunch along the avenue.

On a recent visit we lingered here after church, having our cup of coffee/tea and talking over family news. I ordered two eggs sunny side up with crisp strips of bacon and an English muffin. My husband tried the Blueberry Pancake special, while my Mom ordered Eggs Benedict--hearty breakfasts all and quite delicious!

On somedays the little restaurant's patrons spill out onto the sidewalk as they wait to be seated. When that's the case, a neatly set table holding a coffee urn and extras await them outside the front door. Now that's customer-friendly!

Instant Answers: Bellevue

Comments

Bellevue Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellevue restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellevue sightseeing.