Carlisle Restaurants

Twirly Top Drive-In
    by crhoads123

Most Recent Restaurants in Carlisle

• Twirly Top Drive-In: An Ice Cream Wonderland!

by crhoads123 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Twirly Top Drive-In

Just a short drive from Carlisle is a great little seasonal drive-in called Twirly Top. My family used to take us kids there every Sunday during the summer I think it's been around since the 1950's. I took my own family back there this summer and was thrilled to find it still open. We had the best ice cream I've found in ages...try their fresh fruit sundaes - they change as the summer goes by (the fresh black raspberry sundaes are to die for!) They also have a full grill menu with great burgers and cheesesteaks. They offer french fries with unlimited toppings. We ended up having to go back twice because the food had us filled up and no room for dessert. A fun, nostalgic place to go on a summer night.

Favorite Dish: Fresh fruit sundaes with the fruit coming right from the local orchards. The fresh black raspberry sundaes are my favorite, but the fresh strawberry and fresh peach were also wonderful. I had mine in a homemade waffle bowl. My husband loves their hot fudge brownie sundaes - they make their own brownies and they are huge! They often sell out of the brownies, so get there earlier in the day if you want one of those. The burgers are made from fresh ground beef and their tomatoes are fresh. All around a great place to go.

• Camping
    • National/State Park

• zenfemme3's Profile Photo

Mt. FUGI: BEST SUSHI ANYWHERE

by zenfemme3 Written Jul 4, 2008

What a great resturaunt. We've eaten sushi just about everywhere we go and have never had anything to compete with the quality, taste and overall satisifaction of MT FUGI. Nice decor makes you feel welcome. Service was good. Selection of food was impressive.

Favorite Dish: Crabnest Roll under the Chef selecltion. Softcrab ligtly tempuraed, wrapped in rice veggies, covered with white fish, salmon and tuna and covered in a spicy suace. This was so good we ordered 4 rolls during the course of dinner!

Instant Answers: Carlisle

Comments

Carlisle Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Carlisle restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Carlisle sightseeing.