Chambersburg Restaurants

by davecallahan

Most Recent Restaurants in Chambersburg

• Montezuma: Real Mexican Food

by zachsgrandma Written Jun 5, 2009

I have been in many fancy 'so called' Mexican restaurants in south Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, and southern California, and the food here was what I remembered during all my trips to Mexico! It was fresh and fabulous.

Favorite Dish: The fiesta plata was devine. I got the beef chimmi, one beef and one chicken taquito, and a cheese quessidilo. It was served with sour cream and quacamole. There was not one thing on that plate that was not delish! There was not a single piece of ground beef or chicken, but rather it taste like the meat was slow cooked over a wood fire and the chopped.

• National/State Park
    • Business Travel

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Cracker Barrell: noisy lunch

by davecallahan Written Jul 4, 2007

I hate going into this place to eat. The food is okay but the acoustics are so bad that it sounds like a swarm of people even when only six tables are filled. The decor is industrial; high ceilings with metal beams; no partitions or wall hangs (except for a couple of advertisement posters); wood floors and tables.

The food is pretty good; American meat and potato dishes mostly. This is why my wife likes this place (and the shopping also which I describe later). Meatload, Dumplings, Mashed Potatoes, Corn-on-the Cob, Roast Beef slabs, Green beans, Brown beans, Turkey Breast, BBQ, Country Honey Ham. Most of the meals are $10 plus drinks and desserts. They make a great Iced Tea and a tasty Peach Cobbler. So you get a full meal for $20 per person including tax and tip.

And then you get to shop for an hour in the we-got-everything store attached to the restaurant (you have to pass through it to get to the parking lot). So I walk off the meal while I totter behind my wife while she browses everything. Rocking chairs to birthday cards; tee-shirts to hand-made wooden trains; honey jars to American flags.... just nooks and nooks of stuff.

see the website below for the full menu and a list of things you can buy in the store.

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

Schoenberger's Restaurant: quiet lunch

by davecallahan Written Apr 18, 2007

This was a nice, quiet, upscale restaurant just perfect for us to catch a light lunch.
    We were in car-travel clothes (neat, clean, but very casual) and felt a little underdressed here.
    The decor was modern dark hardwood with crisp white table cloths.
    The waitress was very friendly and took our order almost immediately (there were few other customers in the room at the time.... 11 o'clock or so).

We split a roast beef sandwich and I had raspberry tea and the wife had coffee.
    We talked a while and paid (under $20 with tip) and left full and ready to journey some more.

take a look at the website below to get information on the full menu and some of the entertainment they have at the late dinner times.

Instant Answers: Chambersburg

Comments

Chambersburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chambersburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chambersburg sightseeing.