Clarks Summit Travel Guide

• Restaurants

Clarks Summit Hotels

Clarks Summit Restaurants

by davecallahan Updated Feb 20, 2007

Whenever we go to Philadelphia or Delaware, we go to this restaurant as we switch over from Interstate 81 to the 476 Turnpike (or viceversa).

It always seems to be lunchtime when we get there and they have one of the best (big and filling) turkey club sandwiches. My wife always asks for a stack of pancakes and even though it is past the breakfast menu time, they always get them for her (very nice people).

There never is a crowd when we are there so my wife gets to get chummy with the waitress or the people in the next booth. I enjoy the food and the rest.

The prices are real cheap for such good food. The place is a diner and not really a "restaurant" so I find the atmosphere cosy. The service is great and we always leave a good tip in appreciation. They get the food to you quickly without seeming rushed.

Favorite Dish: Turkey Club for me if you please.

Clarks Summit Warnings and Dangers

by davecallahan Written Apr 18, 2007

This quiet suburban area is rated in the top 10% of safe towns in Pennsylvania.
    I could find no crime records of any significance. We have never had any problems when dining in the area either.

Use common sense and the safety precautions you normally would use at home and you will have a happy, safe visit to Clarks Summit.

• Women's Travel

Clarks Summit Sports & Outdoors

by davecallahan Updated Jul 4, 2007

This is a very difficult course with water hazards on most of the back 9. (Stop at the pro shop to get extra balls before you start). The course runs from 5500 yards to 6200 yards which is not too long but the fairways are somewhat narrow and the approaches to the green are well-bunkered. At least two tees and greens are elevated which makes club selection difficult.

If you can control your shot and not go for distance and spray off into the rough like I tend to do, then you can have a good time and a decent score. Otherwise, plan for a long, frustrating round of golf.

The bent grass greens tend to be smallish and fast in the summer heat.
    The fairways are bluegrass and the roughs are fescues.

The cost is $25 for 18 holes and a cart. Dress code is collared shirt and shorts or long pants.

• Golf

Instant Answers: Clarks Summit

Comments

Clarks Summit Travel Guide
Map of Clarks Summit