Dushore Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Dushore

Rail Road Emporium: Shop in an old rail car

by kazander Updated Aug 10, 2004

Rail Road Emporium

It's more the ambiance than the items for sale in this cute little store. They have transformed and old Railroad car into a quaint gift shop. They mostly carry souvenier items, alot of them train orientated (go figure) but it's a nice stop, if for nothing else to clamber up the staris into the train

Jolly Trolley: Souveniers?

by kazander Updated Aug 9, 2004

Jolly Trolley

In the middle of downtown Dushore, bright red and attention grabbing, stands the Jolly Trolley. If you find yourself wanting a badminton set(we did) or table linens or a magnet with a Blueberry Cobbler recipe, or any of variety of other things you didn't know you needed, this is the place for you.
    The Jolly Trolley is not only a cutesy little store but a restaurant as well. I have never had breakfast here(it's always been packed) but I assume it's good by the large amount of patrons.

What to pay: less than avarage

Norma's Notions: Herbal Remedy/Tropical Fish/Used Book/Video Rental

by kazander Updated Aug 9, 2004

Tomato

Norma's Notions is along a little street parallel to German St. but a block closer to the Monument, called Railroad Street. It's a pretty scenic little walk which on Founder's day will also lead you to a little flea market. The store is on the left hand side(facing away from town)
    This is where I won my fish Tomato. As my friend and I walked up this road on our way to the flea market one Founder's day, I spotted a sign that said "WIN A FISH!" I thought I'd give it a try. So we walked into this Bizarre little store and in the middle of it was this ring toss-like game set up. I think it was a dollar for 3 shots. On my 3rd shot I landed a jar. That jar held a red betta fish. I was very excited. They packaged him up, sold me some fish food and we were on our way. On my way out I shouted "I won a fish! His name is Tomato!" and so is the story of my 1st pet

What to buy: play the ring toss game! WIN A FISH!

• kazander's Profile Photo

Dushore Market or Hurley's Great Value: And for your food shopping needs....

Dushore Market

Neither of the stores is a "supermarket" but I'm sure you could find anything you really need. Both are located along Main street, though they are at opposite ends. They are very similar so i can't say that one is much better than the other, though Hurley's has an actual parking lot, Dushore Market only has Street parking.

Wine & Spirits and Dushore Beverage: Where to get the Booze

by kazander Written May 28, 2004

When you are camping, naturally you need some liquor. In Dushore this takes more than one store to accomplish getting what you need. 1st, Wine and Spirits, located on Main St. past the Jolley Trolley. This is where you get any Liquor and /or Wine. Including malt bevarages, if you are so inclined. Next, Beer Run! Over to the Dushore Beverage, on the street behind the Jolley Trolley (German St). For any of your beer needs, this is the place.

What to pay: average prices

The Acorn: Live Bait vending machine

Live Bait

Ah the Acorn, so much more than a gas station! We definately stop here when in town. (keep in mind we CAMP nearby, 1st stop in town always has to have a bathroom!) This is the place to get gas, snacks at the convience store,or fishing bait from the vending machine outside. There is even a little restaurant section, though we haven't eaten there. Perhaps it's the fact that we're camping, but we get VERY excited about going to the Acorn

Instant Answers: Dushore

Comments

Dushore Shopping

Reviews and photos of Dushore shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dushore sightseeing.