Erie Warnings and Dangers

by windoweb

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Erie

• NO DANGER TO TRAVELERS

by ErynP Written Jul 12, 2012

I am from erie and will admit that we are not the town that is free of crime, but we do care very much about our travelers!! Erie has several things to down town and around erie. The places where many travelers visit are always well kept and in areas that are safe!! If you go into residential areas DOWN TOWN there is some crime,but those areas are not around the main tourist area. And if you travel into millcreek to summet township which is only about a 10 min drive with a straight shot up State St you will not see any crime. You really can enjoy the small town feel with a modern update!! Erie has done alot of improvements in the downtown area the past few years to make the area feel more welcoming!! We do take pride in the downtown area! We have weekly small events and many other events that attract people from all over the U.S.!!! We take pride in erie and what we have to offer! Im not sure said the city was run down but its not!!! they may have been around while road work was going on and if so i could see their point but this person needs to realize that the road work is only done to help make the visit more enjoyable!! My point is that if you are looking for a nice family vaca erie is a great place to chose with alot of activitys to keep you busy during your trip!!!!!!

• MyUserNameIsThis2's Profile Photo

Erie Is Not Dangerous -- Agreed

by MyUserNameIsThis2 Written Nov 5, 2007

I'm from Ontario and on the way home I missed our exit and landed in Erie at 2am... I was downtown driving around looking for the highway, even stopping and getting out to spread a map and stretch our legs. There are places that look a little "run down", but it certainly didn't strike me as a dangerous place. And as a female with a confused tourist look and clearly out of town car, we were prime suspects for muggings/robbings :P We even asked for directions and were nicely pointed the right way and given a free map. The only warning I'd have is the lack of I-90 signs (jk). Nice little town and I'll come back and visit when the stores are open for sure.

• James_Lawrence's Profile Photo

Downtown Erie is NOT dangerous!!!

by James_Lawrence Written May 27, 2006
    Sullivan's in Erie's downtown

Someone posting as buick mackane has trashed my town. Contrary to what this person posted, Erie does not have a high unemployment rate, a high crime rate, or a a high degree of urban decay.

Take it from a native that works downtown and spends a lot of time at sporting events, concerts, and dines at downtown restaurants. Downtown Erie is clean and safe. And fun!

Please contact Erie Downtown or the Erie Convention & Visitor's Bureau for additional information.

• Beer Tasting
    • Music

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo

Please be careful downtown! ...

by BuickMackane Written Aug 26, 2002

Please be careful downtown! This part of Erie just isn't what it used to be, and what was once a lovely neighborhood bustling with German families is now full of crack houses. Keep in mind that crime runs hand-in-hand with the city's high unemployment and urban decay.

If you should visit Erie on Amtrak, be especially vigilant in the vicinity of the train station. The only Amtrak trains servicing Erie both arrive and depart during the middle of the night, so the train station is only operational between 2:00 am - 6:00 am.

• windoweb's Profile Photo

Lake Erie, the smallest of the...

by windoweb Written Aug 25, 2002

Lake Erie, the smallest of the Great Lakes, is shallow--allowing for violent storms with high waves. This is the Land Lighthouse at the foot of Lighthouse Street on Erie's east side, the Land Lighthouse is Erie's oldest. The structure was built in 1818, the first lighthouse on Lake Erie. It was replaced in 1856 because of foundation problems. In 1867 it was replaced again, 200 feet east, using the existing stone structure.

Instant Answers: Erie

Comments

Erie Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Erie warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Erie sightseeing.