Harrisburg Warnings and Dangers

by frankcanfly
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by davecallahan

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Harrisburg

• Harrisburg Pennsylvania. Some tourists are just...

by laurenbaby Updated May 15, 2007

scared and for no reason at all. You will not face anything when you come to this city. there is nothing to fear make sure you do not have on any nice gear otherwise you will lose an ear. Just kidding. I have happen to live in Harrisburg for sometime no now. I must say That I have not encountered any problems whether I was in the so called "ghetto" or on the outskirts of this fabulous city there is no need to fear. It is a great place very small not like my home of New York but it is very nice just the same.

• Aquarium
    • Trains

• davecallahan's Profile Photo

some places are better than others

by davecallahan Updated Apr 18, 2007

Like any other megatropolis, Harrisburg is a mixed bag when it comes to talking about safety.
    I looked at the crime reports for the many zipcoded areas in the city and saw some areas that had statistics in the "low crime risk" level and some in the "very high crime risk" level.
    There are over 200 sex offenders registered for the greater Harrisburg municipality.
    (to see more information about this go to the website below).

Because there is no single answer here, it may be best to check with the motel/hotel staff where you are staying to see if they have any recommendations of areas to avoid. If you are really interested in seeing the actual crime reports for each city area, you too could use www.moving.com and browse through the pages of data.

When we were there, we used our normal precautions of locking car doors, and watching who was near us. We use a money belt for valuables or put large items in the trunk of the locked car to keep them safe and out of sight. The motels recommend that you use the latch-chain on the door when you go to bed at night.
    Be wise, be safe, be a happy tourist.

• Women's Travel

• el_ruso's Profile Photo

Taxis!

by el_ruso Written Aug 1, 2005

If you take a taxi in Harrisburg, beware. The drivers are awful, wander from lane to lane, hit cars parked in the street, etc. This is from what I saw with my own eyes, and experienced as a passenger.

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Three Mile Island

by frankcanfly Written Feb 26, 2003

Too close for comfort

That's right, it's "State of the Art Power" as 'Billus' would say....... it still scares me.

I wear tin-foil underwear when I fly over......

Instant Answers: Harrisburg

Comments

Harrisburg Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Harrisburg warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Harrisburg sightseeing.