Johnstown Shopping

by RockyRaccoon

Most Recent Shopping in Johnstown

• George's Song Shop: Oldest Record Store in the United States

by RockyRaccoon Written Oct 7, 2006

George's Song Shop is the oldest record store in the United States. They have over 1 million 45 records and about as many LP records. 5 floors of records. There is nothing like it the United States a collectors dream!

What to buy: Records (45s & LPs), Cassette Tapes, CDs, and some DVDs.

What to pay: Great prices - very fair

• Music
    • Business Travel

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo

Galleria Mall: A Mall

by Rhondaj Written Nov 6, 2005

Of all the places we could have stayed we picked one of the few in this area with a mall! We were so tired after being on the road all day, but didn't want to fall asleep at 6 pm! So the reception clerk sent us here. Easy to get to, signs leading the way all over the place. Looks like it hasn't been here too long. Typical american mall. Lots and lots of Steelers stuff...

What to buy: Steeler stuff.

What to pay: Typical mall prices.

• Rhondaj's Profile Photo

Sheetz: Open 24 hours a Day!

by Rhondaj Written Nov 6, 2005

So, of course, on every trip, something must be forgotten. For us, it was toothpaste. Chewing gum had to do the job until we could find an open store. All stores by the hotel were closed. So we set out on the road in the early a.m. with less than sparkling molars. This area of Pennsylvania is mostly farmland or forest, so it took awhile before we found an exit that looked promising.
    Hooray! A 24 hr. market and gas station. Skeets! I mean Sheets! I mean Skeeters! Whatever! I drove my daughter crazy, cuz' I never got it right--not even once.
    After stopping here, we noticed this convenience store/gas station was everywhere!!!

What to buy: Whatever it is that you forgot to pack.
    We were so desperate, we took our toothbrushes into the store, bought the toothpaste, (Aquafresh) and went right into their bathroom to brush. Bathroom was really clean, big enough for two, and the store music was piped into it. So we could brush and dance at the same time!!

What to pay: Well, for the convenience of a convenience store, you pay a little more than average, but when you're desperate, you'll pay...
    We paid $2.29 for the toothpaste...

• George's Song Shop: Unique Music Store

by Tressey07 Written Mar 28, 2005

George's Song Shop

I just like this shop because it has a fun feel, and it's locally owned. Also, it's one of the few places around here that I know of where you can buy records. I, being a pianist, also enjoy the selections of sheet music. I don't know much about guitars and string insturments, but there seems to be a larges selection of them as well.

Instant Answers: Johnstown

Comments

Johnstown Shopping

Reviews and photos of Johnstown shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Johnstown sightseeing.