Lewisburg Favorites

Rooke Chapel, Bucknell University
    by PA2AKgirl
    Log structure? It looks brick to me...
    by PA2AKgirl

Most Recent Favorites in Lewisburg

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Bucknell University

by PA2AKgirl Written Mar 10, 2004

Rooke Chapel, Bucknell University

Favorite thing: This certainly isn't my favorite thing about Lewisburg, but I can appreciate it for the fact that it's brought good music, theatre, art and sporting events to this little down. I can't imagine how boring or depressed Lewisburg would be if Bucknell wasn't here. If you're here, definitely take a walk around the campus, it's beautiful. Also, there's a good chance that something will be going on that you can attend. Since it's a small school (a few thousand students, I think), it's easy to get tickets to concerts and games. The facilities are very very nice, much better than some of the stuff we had at South Alabama, but then again, if you compare what they are paying per year against what I paid, it's understandable. I went to their website to get the tuition information...I was shocked:

FOR one year, tuition and fees for Bucknell as an undergraduate student are $37,308

WOW. that's more than I paid for my entire education.

Check out their website for upcoming activities to just to see what costs so much:)

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Museums

by PA2AKgirl Written Jan 25, 2004

Log structure? It looks brick to me...

Favorite thing: We have 2 "musuem" here, but you know what's funny? I can't for the life of me tell you what their exhibits are. You know what's even funnier? I have been to them a million times. There is a reason for this, though...everytime I have gone, the exhibits have changed. I think mostly, they are trying to show Victorian era things or Central PA artifacts. Furniture, architecture, quilts...I have seen Christmas trees here too. I looked at the websites hoping for additional information, but there is really nothing about permanent exhibits--just a 2001 calendar of events.

Fondest memory: I do know they are cheap to get into, though...and well decorated for whatever they might be showing.

The Slifer House is a beautiful mansion like house and it part of a health care facility...I am pretty sure that's what it was to begin w/ also. It's located on River Road...from rt. 15 at the hospital, turn right and it's down the road about 1/2 mile or so. You'll see it on the hill, it's huge.

The Packwood house is located right in downtown Lewisburg. "It's one of the oldest log structures of it's kind in PA" (quoting the website) and is almost 30 rooms or something. It's at 15 N Water St. right before the bridge on Market st., turn left. Hours are Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-5pm, but the last tour leaves at 4pm.

• Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Lewisburg

Comments

Lewisburg Favorites

Reviews and photos of Lewisburg favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewisburg sightseeing.