Lewisburg Local Customs

Best Rated Local Customs in Lewisburg

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Bacon Dressing...:)

by PA2AKgirl Written May 12, 2004

When we had the VT meeting in Intercourse, it occurred to me that such things like bacon dressing and "chow" are definitely local PA Dutch, Amish or Mennonite items. There's all sorts of things they can or pickle and while I don't care for bacon dressing, I do like the sweet corn relish, all of the fruit butters (peach, apple, cherry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry--in particular), the spicy pickled cauliflower and some other things. You can buy these things numerous places in central PA.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

I don't know where else to put this!

by PA2AKgirl Written Mar 30, 2004

It's not a custom but I really can't find any appropriate category for it.
    Purity chocolates are made locally and they are pretty good...it seems every town makes their own chocolates, at least every one I have lived in. Still, I think Purity ranks well up there with the best locally made chocolate and candy. There's a good selection and you can watch them in the back room making the everything. The factory store is located about 25 minutes north, in Allenwood.

It's located right on Market Street in downtown Lewisburg.

Instant Answers: Lewisburg

Comments

Lewisburg Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Lewisburg local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewisburg sightseeing.