Lewisburg Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lewisburg

Temperance House: Good Seafood and Steaks

by PA2AKgirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Temperance House

Again, like most places in Lewisburg, this one has been around for a long time, owned by a local family I've known since I was about 5. It's very nice--they get crowded, so I recommend reservations on the weekends. There's lots of places like this around, but this one is right downtown, so it's a good choice if you're in Lewisburg. They have a wide variety of things to choose from and a full bar:)

Favorite Dish: I recommend the broiled scallops, but the combination dinners are usually the way to go: shrimp, scallops and crabcakes or something. I could never eat that much food, though...

• jasta_305's Profile Photo

Zelda's: like Central Perk- in Central PA!

by jasta_305 Written Apr 18, 2005

This is my favorite coffee shop in Lewisburg- and there are like 4, (which is a lot for our small town). I like Zelda's the most because it reminds me of Central Perk from Friends. It has the big comfy couch and the miss-matched furniture. It's just cute and funky. It is mostly college students who make up the patrons, and you will have to wait... the service can be slllllloooowwwww..
    but there are tons of teas to choose from and they even carry organic coffees. If you stop in at Zelda's make sure you grab one of their sandwiches- namely the St. Louis. (my favorite) and their grilled chicken ceasar is great too.
    Afterwards walk off your lunch in Huffnagle park -right next door.

Howl and Meow cafe: A Pet Cafe in Selinsgrove

by PA2AKgirl Written May 8, 2004

yummmmmmmm

We were walking down the street the other day and noticed this, so we decided to stop in. We didn't have our pets with us, but we did have a friend visiting from Alaska, so that seemed to be enough reason. The owner seemed really nice and while there were a lot of people inside, there weren't many pets. From what I gathered, we were all a little hesitant to bring our pets to a place there was "food" served and the chance that other animals were going to be around. But, maybe I'll take Yuki sometime.
    You can get a variety of little animal treats that they make right there--including Bow-Wow Beefy, Pooches Pierogies, Pepperoni Pizza and Pumpkin Pleasures--all for the dogs. For cats, they have salmon Surprises, Tuna Teasers, Catnip Nibbles, etc...
    They also make birthday cakes for your pet--Crunchy Carrot Cake, Barking Banana, Peanut Buttler Pupcake, etc...

Favorite Dish: Ohhh, poor Matt. He's here in PA for only a few short days and we made him try the dog treats. The owner insisted they are for people too--so Jeanette and I had the pumpkin and Matt had pepperoni. Not bad. Not something I'd want everyday, and not something I would consider a treat so much, but if I had no other food in the house, I would eat these for sure:) haha.

OHHH, they also have yogurt lolli-pups:) We didn't try those, though.

The cakes are $6.95 for a small and $8.95 for a large one...they can be shipped out, too...BUT they don't accept credit cards, I don't think...

• Travel with Pets

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

Mya's: What a wonderful place:)

by PA2AKgirl Written May 6, 2004

At first, I wondered why Lewisburg needed another cafe/coffee shop. For a small town, Lewisburg sure has a lot of them. However, this place is great! I decided to stop in to get coffee for work and I'm pretty sure it's going to become a daily thing.
    The lady who waits on me every day is soooooo sweet--it's one of those things where she asks me how I am, I tell her wonderful and ask her how she is and she tells me she couldn't be better. Everything is so postive there, I don't know how anyone could be in a bad mood once they entered this place. I love the decor--there's bouncy balls hanging from the ceiling, wonderful couches, markers and crayons to play with, a glass chess set, other toys, books.
    Additionally, they sell things--chai tea soap with an anise star on the top, locally crafted jewelry, candles...fun stuff:)

Favorite Dish: Well, I've only had the house and columbian coffees...and a mocha. But, my sister in law has had the bagels for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch. I'm not sure what kind she had, but she said it wonderful. The salads are supposed to be good as well.

Because this is a college town, they, like every other business in Lewisburg, solicit the business of the students...but I liked the sign they had put outside that said "We serve sympathy with our coffee--study here for finals" The place is just...cute. I love it.

Elizabeths: American Bistro

by PA2AKgirl Written May 3, 2004

If there's an image that people feel they need to fit into in Lewisburg, Elizabeth's is the place to find it. It's such a Lewisburg place...a perfect addition for a place to claims to be "a perfect town" It's upscale, "trendy", cozy--a great atmosphere. Personally, I like places that are a little more laid back...thinking about the people who dine here puts me on edge. That's just because I know them or of them--and know they think they can solve any problem in the world just by writing a check. The same people who inspired me never to raise kids here...

But anyway...all of this is a shame because the food is wonderful.

Favorite Dish: They change their menu with the seasons, so I'm just gonna name some new dishes on their spring menu. By the way, lunch here is reasonable--and with this place, it's really not just the quality, but the presentation is great, too...

For lunch, there are sandwiches--like a vegetable panini, pasta dishes--Fettucine with scallops and artichokes, and frittata, which changes daily...

The dinner items are a little more detailed, so I'm just going to copy a few onto here from the website:

*Shrimp, Scallop and Calamari
    stacked on sticky rice, coconut curry sauce and finished with fresh papaya

*Brick Pressed Hen
    with spring pea risotto, on a pool of glazed carrot puree with savory cherry chutney

*Arctic Char
    with fire roasted asparagus, on rustic mashed potatoes with a mushroom and white truffle oil au jus

There's lots more--also a good dessert menu and a Sunday brunch.

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo

the Kind Cafe: 20 minutes away...

by PA2AKgirl Updated Mar 6, 2004

The kind cafe after closing

I have to do a plug for my friend's ex boyfriends place. It's a great little cafe about 20 minutes from Lewisburg called the Kind Cafe...and he was just asked if he'd be willing to consider a franchise. I definitely like the atmosphere, the open mike night, the things they try to push (like community events...such as Yoga) and the prices. His place doesn't try to rip you off like some of the cafes in Lewisburg. For god's sake, you're in the middle of Pennsylvania. Don't try to make it more than it is.

It does get VERY crowded, especially on live music/open mike nights

Favorite Dish: the coffee? It IS a coffeeshop. But they have sandwiches and soups as well.

The Bleu Plate Cafe: A nice cafe/store/live music combo

by PA2AKgirl Written Feb 8, 2004

Hmmm...I don't know what category to put this place in...they have an interesting selection of food that changes each season. I was last there in the autumn and remember seeing seafood, pastas, Hungarian dishes, German foods, Mexican entrees and lots of soups and sandwiches. It's a nice little setup with a store in the front to accommodate all your specialty cooking needs. On Thursdays they have live music too...apparently you're supposed to make reservations then.
    OHHHH and it's BYOB--I like that option.

Favorite Dish: I have only eaten lunch here, actually and have had the turkey and brie w/ sage mayonnaise and cranberry chutney (I'm looking at the menu to write this...otherwise I am sure I would have left a good part of that description out) and I've also had the Portabella (w/ caribbean kiwi jerk sauce) Both are like $7.00 or something reasonable. They serve lunch every day.

Dinner of course is a little more from about $11-20 per entree. And it's only on Thurs-Sat. they have dinners.

Dor-Days: Scrumptious Subs

by PA2AKgirl Written Jan 24, 2004

Okay, so I really call them Hoagies, but I couldn't find a good adjective to work w/ my catchy title. (Someone has a bit too much time)

We used to have a few places to get really good hoagies/subs but they go away for some reason. I miss them and think about them constantly (well, I am thinking of them now) but at least Dor Days has stuck around. They definitely have the best hoagies/subs in the area, though if you have to go to Vennaris or LaCasa or even OIP (Original Italian Pizza), you'll be happy at those places too.

Favorite Dish: I dig spicy italian hoagies, they make wonderful ones.

the Country Cupboard: If you know Lbg, you know this place

by PA2AKgirl Written Jan 24, 2004

Back of the Country Cupboard

The food is decent--the buffet is why people go, I think. It's typical Pennsylvania home cooked food with a PA Dutch/Amish flare (flare?--all typical PA food has this "flare", making is NOT flare but typical...hmmmm)

The best part of this place is the store--it's huge. I don't even know how many rooms, it's has to be like 12-15, each with a different theme. The greenhouse is very nice (I like going in the winter and pretending it's actually warm out...actually, I don't do this, but I could if I wanted to), the Amish section with foods and books...other various gifts...There's a little candle room which sells Yankee candles, cards, more gifts...
    Oh, and they have a candy area too...fresh fudge and chocolates, sugarfree candy.

Point being, the gift shop/store rocks. If you are traveling through, definitely stop here.

Favorite Dish: I like the breakfast bar on Sundays. It gets very crowded from the church goers but since I usually don't get up in time for breakfast anyway, the few times I get there, i don't mind the crowds.

Yung Tin Chinese Restaurant: Quality Chinese

by PA2AKgirl Written Jan 20, 2004

We have been eating here forever and whenever I'm away, I always crave this place. They have excellent food, a huge variety, it's pretty cheap (their buffet is great, too) and the portions are large. As far as Chinese places in the area go, it's the best

Favorite Dish: I love the kim chee, but they don't have it on their menu. Everytime we go in, though, they ask us if we want some because they know my brother and I love it. It's soooo good. I love their hot and sour soup, cold noodles w/ sesame, Spicy bean curd and vegetables, general tso's chicken...everything. There isn't much I don't like there:)

Instant Answers: Lewisburg

Comments

Lewisburg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lewisburg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lewisburg sightseeing.