Mechanicsburg Travel Guide

Mechanicsburg Hotels

Mechanicsburg Restaurants

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Sep 26, 2012

Bob Evans is a chain restaurant in the U.S. that serves a more "country" style of food. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. My wife and I first discovered Bob Evans many years ago in Ohio and have loved their breakfast since that first experience.

Fortunately for us, we were staying at the Park Inn right across the street from this place; so breakfast was less than a five minute drive from our hotel. We arrived for our breakfast and didn't have to wait for a table. We were seated at a booth in the back of the restaurant and handed menus. It is always hard for me to decided what to get here since everything is always so good. After some contemplation I went for one of the combo breakfast options that included pancakes, bacon and shredded hash browns. My wife chose their buttermilk biscuits with a side of shredded hash browns and bacon. As for beverages; I had an unsweetened iced tea and Liz chose a French Vanilla Cappucino.

About ten minutes after placing our order our food arrived piping hot to the table. Despite the fact they do not carry "real" maple syrup only the fake stuff; I enjoyed my pancakes fully. I love their shredded hashbrowns; so good almost as good as IHOP. The bacon was nicely cooked and not to limp. My wife enjoyed her meal especially the fluffy buttermilk biscuits.

If you want good food and service at an inexpensive price; then this is the place.

Favorite Dish: I have never had a bad meal here; everything is excellent!

My wife is ready to order (June 9,2012) Bacon and shredded Hash browns My Pancakes Biscuits and shredded hash browns I love breakast here

• cjg1's Profile Photo

by cjg1 Updated Jun 12, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the Park Inn around 9:30pm on a Friday night and we were very hungry. Legends is the Bar/Restuarant option located inside the hotel Lobby. From the outside it looked like a good option and it was pretty crowded with patrons; so inside we went.

We secured the last available booth and had a seat. Our waitress came and brought us menus. She took our drink order; a Miller Lite for myself and a Stella for my wife. We perused the menu full of bar type food such as burgers, wings, sandwiches. I decided to ordered their Bleu Burger and my wife went for the Swiss Burger with mushrooms.

The atmosphere in here was a bit odd but we drank our beer and ignored our surroundings. Our food arrived and looked good enough. Yeah, looks were deceiving. My burger was crap and my wife's was inedible. My chips were too hard to eat and my wife's fries were a greasy soggy mess. We paid our bill and left in search of a better food option across the street.

I'm trying to equate the bad food with the late time of evening but I have a feeling it is always garbage.

beer here I was happy before I tried to eat Bleu Burger and Chips Mushroom Swiss Burger and Fries Happy before the awful meal

• Mechanicsburg Hotels

15 Hotels in Mechanicsburg

Instant Answers: Mechanicsburg

Comments

Mechanicsburg Travel Guide
Map of Mechanicsburg