Nazareth Travel Guide

Martin Guitar craftsman

Nazareth Things to Do

• ringleader's Profile Photo

by ringleader Updated Jan 5, 2004

As I mentioned on the Nazareth intro page, the Martin Guitar factory's tour is detailed, and you really get to see the guitar-building process from the beginning to the end! If you are a guitar fan, you really NEED this tour! Your instrument will never be the same to you again.

Once you've seen how they're made and the care that goes into carefully crafting each instrument, you begin to understand why they're the best, and why they can cost so much!

You need to book your tour at least 6 weeks in advance, so do call ahead. Their tour is a very popular activity! Tour is FREE.

Check our travelouge page for more photos. We could only put one here...

Martin Guitar craftsman
    • Study Abroad
    • Music

• ringleader's Profile Photo

by ringleader Updated Jan 5, 2004

Although we've never been to the speedway, we know it is a popular attraction. ) (Photo from online - somewhere...)

The official raceway web address is:
    www.nazarethspeedway.com.

Other sites also available:

International racetrack: http://nascar.travelhero.com/nascar/index.cfm?id=23&aid=66 will give you the information you need of scheduled races, hotels, and directions to the raceway.

Address of the track office is:
    P. O. Drawer F
    Nazareth, PA 18064

• Adventure Travel

by ferdnbean Written Oct 4, 2002

We went to Nazareth with the intention of seeing the factory and taking the tour, as well as returning a 1973 MARTIN dreadnaught guitar for some minor repairs(that are to be performed FREE of charge for the lifetime of yours truly).
    We were warmly greeted at the factory visitor entrance, cordially taken on the extensive tour, getting to see everything up close from the making (and winding) of Martin Guitar strings, to the sawing,sanding, curving, bending,filing, staining and finishing and even inspecting and reinspecting of the guitars as they go through the production stages from raw material to finished product.
    The most unique qualities of our tour were the cordial manner of our guide, mixed with an incredible amount of information and clear and understandable explanations of what we were seeing as we toured as well as the painstaking detail so many of the factory workers
    seemed to be taking, while always having time for a quick smile to the 16-or-so people in our tour group.The sense of pride and of ownership in the company and it's reputation for excellence and endurance was also something my family could feel coming from a vast majority of the people we saw at work.

Nazareth Hotels

Nazareth Restaurants

• by Fezz Written Oct 4, 2002

Not many restaurants that I would consider great! There are good restaurants in the towns near Nazareth like Easton and Bethlehem. Potts Hotdogs would be my pick of my favorite restaurant! Great dogs, steamed buns, yum-yum!

Favorite Dish: HOTDOG w/ EVERYTHING

Nazareth Tourist Traps

by ferdnbean Written Oct 4, 2002

I reluctantly must put this into my page...some of the items for sale in the Martin Guitar Factory gift shop seemed a bit overpriced, when compared to purchasing the same items at a music retailer such as SAM ASH, and other stores that discount. There are some nice
    tee and sweatshirts as well as other Martin souvenier items, but you can buy most of these items cheaper at a discount retailer. I would encourage Martin to lower their prices in the store to the discount level, as I took it as an insult that the Martin Guitar strings that were made right there in the factory would cost more than what I buy them for in any music store. Perhaps there is more to the story( i.e.: they use the profits to go towards a charity either in or out-of house). If that were the case, I would have reacted much differently to the prices, and probably spent more on gifts in the store.

Nazareth Favorites

• by Fezz Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to Martin Guitar Co. I worked for them in the print shop my 1st year of college. I even got to sign the 1,000,000th guitar produced! The countryside is very pretty in the fall and spring go for a ride towards the Poconos and enjoy the views! Warning: winters there suck! unless you like grey,cold, and nasty!

Fondest memory: I graduated High school! My parents were very suprised!

by ferdnbean Written Oct 4, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit the Martin Guitar factory and take their cordial hour and 15 minute tour of their manufacturing facility.

Fondest memory: Taking the tour and seeing how meticulously the Martin guitars are created by craftsmen/women who take much pride in the fact that they are making instruments that will last beyond the lifetimes of the people who purchase them new.

• Nazareth Hotels

1 Hotels in Nazareth

Instant Answers: Nazareth

Comments

Nazareth Travel Guide
Map of Nazareth