New Hope Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by littlesam1

Most Recent Restaurants in New Hope

• jelw's Profile Photo

The Lambertville Station Restaurant and Wine Cella: Worth the walk across the bridge

by jelw Written Sep 16, 2012
    Lambertville Station Wine Cellar

Lovely old train station now a restaurant with pub, canal side seating, main dinning room, ballroom, a wonderful wine cellar and an Inn. I've eaten here many times over the years. All has been good, some very good & some great.

My personal favorite is the wine cellar with light bites and wine flights.
    The atmosphere is warm and inviting old world. The staff in this part of the Restaurant are fabulous. They are attentive, knowledgeable and professional. After a very welcome conversation with our server Frances about the cellars offerings and the area we knew we'd be back often!

Favorite Dish: Charcuterie & a selection of cheese then lolly-pop lamb chops all paired with lovely reds,. This was a perfect way to spend quality time with friends. We started our evening at the cozy private booth by the cellar bar. After our food & flights, I choose the Davis Bynum to continue the evening - a very nice Pinot Noir. We then meandered over to the fireplace. A jovial crowd were seated here and we enjoyed the friendly banter about how everyone had found this treasure. The wine cellar is a best find!

• Wine Tasting

• Earl's Prime (in Peddler's Village): Want an outstanding meal & super service!!

by gjheymach Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is located just west on 202 outside of New Hope. The manager is Michael Conti who has made this place a super find! If you are expecting GREAT food, in an ambiance where you can hear yourself in a conversation. Servers who are bright, helpful and truly people oriented--This is your place. We had a wedding here, and spent 5 days and never had a bad meal or anything but a pleasant experience.
    This is a great find

Favorite Dish: Their appetizers, and I'm not an appetizer nut-- are spectactular. The flatbreads have various toppings and are super.

The fish is excellent, the steaks are likewise.

• Festivals

• Frans Bar: Bad Service, Vulgar Owner

by dopydoggy Written Mar 30, 2008

We had to ask to have our order taken and our table to be cleaned 3x. When our appetizers were tossed onto our dirty table (with no napkins, utensils, plates or drinks), we asked for the third time if our table could be cleaned. The answer we recieved from our very young waiter was "I'm a little busy now!" So, once again, we got up and requested for someone else to clean our table and provide us with proper place setting to eat our food. As part of the rest of our order came, we still waited an additional 15 min. for the rest of the table's order. Once AGAIN, we had to get up and inquire about the food this time...At that point the we told the waiter to cancel the order, if it hadn't been cooked. He told us he would cancel it. Next thing we know the vulgar owner came out with our food (the rest of the table was just about done eating) and we told her that the order was cancelled. She started yelling and cursing at US...dropping the "f-bomb" twice in front of our 7 year old son and his friend and the rest of the restaurant. She never asked us what the problem was, just that the customer is not always right and then we were told to leave the restaurant. I would never in a million years recommend this trashy, dirty, vular place, nor would I ever waste my time at a place that doesn't care about its customers (big or small). We are still stunned that we were treated in such a horrendous fashion....

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

Logan Inn: Good Food but Over Priced

by littlesam1 Written Aug 7, 2007

Historic Logan Inn

The Logan Inn is a very large and beautiful colonial building that now houses a restaurant and hotel. There are several large dining areas and a huge outside dining area under shady awinings. The day we were in New Hope it was a hot and steamy August afternoon. The temperature was in the high 90's. We were very hot and miserable from the heat. It was too hot to eat outside at any of the street side dining areas in New Hope. So we headed to in the inside dining room of the air comditioned Logan Inn. The food was very good and the portions were large but I felt it was way over priced. We spent $70.00 on lunch for three. Two of us had salads and one had a roast beef sandwich. From looking at the menu we found that dinner was even more expensive. Its a beaufitul place. We ate in a large room with wooden ceiling beams and a large brick fire place. You have to pay for ambience, but I would have been happier at one of the street side restaurants paying a lot less.

Riverside Cafe at Martine's: right on the water

by kazander Updated May 21, 2007
    View from our seats

One complaint I always had about New Hope was the lack of restaurants on the river. They were few and far between, but then this last trip I peeked down a side street and noticed the Riverside cafe. I have no idea how long they have been there, but it was our first time discovering them, and we were so glad we did. Not only was the view fantastic, but the food and drinks were as well. It is a definite that we will dine here again.

Favorite Dish: For starters, I got a Gin and Tonic and Lou got some sort of rum punch thing that I envied slightly. (no mojitos here, no bartender likes to muddle apparently) We shared a baked Brie appetizer, then we each had the Mango salad. For dessert, Lou got the crem brulee and I got a chocolate chip canoli.

• kazander's Profile Photo

Wildflowers: Eclectic mix in a lovely setting

by kazander Written Sep 9, 2005

I have wanted to go to this resturant just about every time we have visited New Hope. It has a lovely section of outdoor seating overlooking a river. Everytime I have passed by it has been packed full, this time we decided to check it out, and see how long the wait was. It was surprisingly short!

Favorite Dish: The menu was very interesting, Thai food, mexican and all american. Good choices and everything was very tasty!
    We started with a Brie cranberry dish. I had Chicken Satay, Can't remember for the life of me what Lou had, our friends had ...oh I'm terrible at remembering, but one was a coconuty chicken curry (delicious) and a mexican dish...I didn't try it but it looked good.
    We finished with desserts. Cheesecake with mango and Chocolate raspberry cake...yummy!

• astarte00's Profile Photo

The Landing: You wait for nothing

by astarte00 Written Jul 30, 2005

Trying to get seated alone can be a test of wills and stamina as you jockey the small space while being ignored. Worst of all it was not worth the wait. It's time they learned that a great location does not make up for lousy food and inept staff. Hockey Pucks are far more tasty then their hamburgers

• astarte00's Profile Photo

Mother's Restaurant: Great for People Watching

by astarte00 Written Jul 30, 2005

Casual and friendly place that is both great for drinks and people watching at any time of year. The menu runs middle of the road catering to the quick bite during a shopping jaunt to slightly more elaborate dishes served by the crack up staff that makes this little cozy spot hum.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Garden cafes

by Pawtuxet Updated Jun 1, 2005

There are several garden cafes...some of them almost hidden completely. This one is nestled beside the mule path near the canal. Lots of comfortable shady spots to sit for lunch or a cool drink. They have made use of every available bit of space here.

The Inn at Phillips Mill: Fine Dinning at Phillips Mill

by jelw Updated Mar 17, 2005

Phillips Mill

The food is on par with the best restaurants in New York. They don't have what Phillips Mill has though - Ambience in a setting right out of England.
    This is a very special restaurant!

The photo shows one of West End Farms horses just outside of the Restaurant.

Favorite Dish: They offer many different wonderful dishes. My favorite was the Sweetbreads au poivre

• Luxury Travel

Mothers Restaurant: The old hippie joint has aged beautifully

by jelw Written Nov 9, 2004

Upscale local hangout. Bistro type atmosphere. It has been about 2 years but this is a restaurant I grew up in.

Favorite Dish: I hope they still have the "Mother Burger" a fantastic melange of ground beef stuffed with bleu cheese grilled to perfection then generously topped with walnuts.
    YUM!

• Luxury Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

• kazander's Profile Photo

Lambertville Station: Jazz on Saturday Nights.

by kazander Updated Apr 1, 2004

table setting

Just over the bridge into New Jersey. Every time we go to New Hope we come here for the great food and the Saturday night jazz.

Favorite Dish: Everything I have ever had at this restaurant has been amazing. Try the Calimari or the fried gnocchi!

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Gerenser's Exotic Ice Cream: Best Ice Cream in the Area

by virtualpatrick Updated Apr 4, 2011

Gerenser's Exotic Ice Cream

Favorite Dish: The freshest homemade ice cream in the area. Try the Spanish Rum Raisin. Then the Jersey Sunrise. Then the Butter Pecan...

The Cutaloosa Inn: Off the beaten path but worth the trip

by jelw Written Dec 11, 2004

Dinning at the little waterfall

This is one of the most scenic restaurants on the East coast. Perfect for a romantic dinner, a special lunch or the perfect wedding.

• bct341's Profile Photo

Fran's Pub: Pizza and Beer :)

by bct341 Updated Sep 2, 2003

Fran's Pub

Just your average pizza and beer place.. plus they have other selection to choose from as well. The nice part is to sit outside with friends and watch the people walk or drive by :)

Favorite Dish: Ummmm Pizza :)

Instant Answers: New Hope

Comments

New Hope Restaurants

Reviews and photos of New Hope restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for New Hope sightseeing.