Newtown Square Travel Guide

Newtown Square Restaurants

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

by FatesWarn Written May 31, 2008

The interior design of Roux 3 is very interesting - if you're going for a special occasion, be sure to ask for one of the private booths, they are very cool. The staff is, to put it nicely, interesting. They are very polite and helpful, but their appearances don't really fit the bill of the restaurant. I had the Fig Flatbread for an appetizer which was made with a house-made fig jam; it was incredibly delicious and it was ample enough to share with the table. For my entree I chose the Truffle Mac & Cheese - this was my first real experience of truffles and I must say that it is definitely not for everyone. The dish itself TASTED very good, but the ODOR from the black truffles is very off-putting and made it hard to enjoy what is normally my ultimate comfort food. For dessert, I had the donuts (yes, donuts). They were little mini donuts with different dips to dunk them in; they were good, but I've had a similar dish at Nectar in nearby Berwyn, and they were much better there.

Favorite Dish: The flatbread was by far my favorite dish and it was good enough to make me want to return to Roux 3 for an encore.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Newtown Square

Comments

Newtown Square Travel Guide
Map of Newtown Square