What to pack for Pennsylvania

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Climate in Pennsylvania

by Leipzig Updated Oct 14, 2006

Miscellaneous:
    Spring: Average temperatures between 10 and 20°C (50-70°F). At night it can drop down below freezing point mainly in March. Especially in May very wet.

Summer: Average temperatures in the high 20s °C (mid 80s °F). In July and August 40°C (100°F) possible. Expect occasional thunderstorms.

Fall: Average temperatures between 15 and 25°C (60-75°F). At night it can drop down below freezing point mainly in November. Especially in September very wet.

Winter: Average temperatures around or slightly above freezing point, in the higher regions below 0°C (32°F). Snowfall very likely. Winter are milder near the Atlantic.

Best time to travel: In my eyes the best time is spring and fall. Be prepared for any kind of weather!

Climate in PA

• SeaBreezeUSA's Profile Photo

Packing List

by SeaBreezeUSA Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: When visiting the northern half of America, I would suggest bringing a lite jacket, as it does cool down at night. The weather this time of year can be very hot to very cool. With the weather fronts marchng across the region, the weather is unstable. Bring some shoes that are comfortable for walking on rocks or climbing up hills and these are plentiful. I would always recommend sunscreen, a hat of some sort and bug spray along with some water.

Photo Equipment: ALWAYS bring your camera. As I tell my wife, even if you are going to the store, bring your camera. You never know what you might miss. I always carry a spare set of batteries and a spare card for my digital camera. These are so easy to change in the field.

Pennsylvania Hotels

2 Hotels
Scranton Hotels
49 Reviews - 74 Photos

Instant Answers: Pennsylvania

Comments

Pennsylvania What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Pennsylvania what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pennsylvania sightseeing.
Map of Pennsylvania