Betsy Ross House, Philadelphia

Know about this? Rate It!

Greeter at Betsy Ross House
    Nancy & I at Betsy's
  • Betsy Ross House

One more pic from Betsy's

by Pawtuxet Written Dec 7, 2004

Favorite thing: Can't resist. Hope I'm not boring you with these house details, but I really enjoyed Betsy Ross's little house and wanted to show you the cupboard in the kitchen with redware and other old pieces on the shelves. I found the entire museum charming. Small, intimate, and very knowledgeable guides.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Old fireplace resembles mine...

by Pawtuxet Written Dec 7, 2004

Favorite thing: I go on a holiday and find that I'm looking at my old house all over again. Here is Betsy Ross's kitchen which closely resembles the fireplace we just restored in our old house. I'm wishing for all the tools and pans that are in the Betsy house. We have a few wonderful old pieces, but these museums really make me drool. I'm a crazy person when it comes to this stuff.

The home of Betsy Ross

by Pawtuxet Written Dec 5, 2004

Nancy & I at Betsy's

Favorite thing: This is a wonderful little house and the costumed guides are excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed talking to "Betsy" who played her role very authentically. I enjoyed the kitchen of the house because I'm still collecting tools for our restored fireplace. I felt right at home.

• GUYON's Profile Photo

visit the Betty Ross House...

by GUYON Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: visit the Betty Ross House (1773). 239 Arch Street - Visit 10:00AM to 5:00PM. Unique interest : it's a house ... Nearby, there are some actors of Historic Philadelphia (see 'Must see Activity').

Fondest memory: Betty Ross (a quaker) sewed the first American Flag. It was easier than today : there were only 13 stars.

G'Day, Madame!

by Pawtuxet Written Dec 5, 2004

Greeter at Betsy Ross House

Favorite thing: The costumed guide meets you in the yard at the Betsy Ross house and chats with everyone coming and going as if we were all in the 18th century. Quite charming.

Instant Answers: Philadelphia