Eulogy Belgian Tavern, Philadelphia

Know about this? Rate It!

My new favorite BLONDE
    by Gypsystravels
    Exterior
    by Gypsystravels
  • Eulogy Belgian Tavern
    by acemj
  • acemj's Profile Photo

Eulogy Belgian Tavern: Belgian Beer, anyone?

by acemj Updated Jul 6, 2003

They're owned by Belgian Americans and have over 100 bottled beers and 15 draughts on tap. What more do I need to say? Great atmosphere in an historic row house in Old City. I would have put this under restaurant tips, but really the food is nothing spectacular. Come for the beer!!

• ChrisRJ's Profile Photo

Eulogy Belgian Tavern: For The Beer Connoisseur

by ChrisRJ Written May 26, 2005

Eulogy is a small place, but if you want a pretty chill place that has a huge selection of good beers then you won't be disappointed here. Plus it is located in Olde City, surrounded by a lot of other night spots, so you can move on to somewhere else very easily.

• alex0312's Profile Photo

Eulogy Belgian Tavern: Great place for a cold beer

by alex0312 Written Aug 8, 2007

This place has the biggest selection of Belgian beers in the city. Overall they have about 300 different beers. This place definately has the looks and feel of a Belgian bar. The place is owned by Belgians from Brugge and most of the workers are Belgian so it is as close as you can get to a Belgian bar. They have a big menu of beers ranging from local microbreweries to huge Belgian breweries. Price range from about $4 for domestic beers and $5.50-$15 for imported beers. The most expensive one is $150 for 3 liters of belgian beer. They even have an exclusive beer that is brewed in Belgium and you can only find it there. It's called Eulogy's Busty Blonde. They also have a food menu that includes famous Belgian favorites like mussels that are cooked in many different sauces. The price is 7.99 for 1 lb and 14.99 for 2 lbs. They also have the famous Belgian frietjes (fries) that are served with very good sauce. They also have bergers and other sandwiches and hamburgers that go well with their beer.

If you get a chance, make sure you try "Dirty Ho", which is a mix of Hoegaarden with rasberry flavored beer.

Dress Code: There is no dress code. Just make sure you are wearing something ;).

• Trains

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Eulogy Belgian Tavern: In search of the "Blonde"

by Gypsystravels Updated Nov 4, 2010
    My new favorite BLONDE

I found my blonde, but her name was Carmeliet! The Eulogy Belgium Tavern was a place that I had specifically sought out to grab a Leffe Blonde, but to my surprise I discovered another blonde with much more substance.....

Okay, the Eulogy Tavern is somewhat of an institution here in Philly and we when arrived we were ushered upstairs to a cramped bar that was crowded and nowhere to really go or sit. We didn't get much of a chance to check out the downstairs bar but it was quite crowded there as well. As we made our way up these narrow darks steps we entered an even darker room with tables and the bar to another side. We asked if we could grab a table as the bar was crowded, but we were told that the tables were all reserved (apparently you can't get a seat here during the weekend unless you make reservations, strange for a bar).

We waited for a couple to leave their seats at the bar and we quickly sat down. The beer menu is very large, with all the info you what or care to need about the particular beer you are drinking. There is alcohol content, country origin, etc., Anyway, I spotted my Tripel Carmeliet and quickly ordered my drink. We were heading to a movie a few blocks away, so we weren't planning on doing much drinking or eating for that matter and the bartender seemed to be annoyed we didn't order anything else. After about 1/2 Ferni and I left with a bit of a bad taste for this place.

Maybe it was the time of day, the day of the week, or a combination of both, but personally I didn't care for the rushed vibe but will give this place another try.

I did fall in love with Carmeliet after trying her for the second time here on this trp!

• Beer Tasting