Independence Brew Pub, Philadelphia

Know about this? Rate It!

Don't be put off by its location.
    by ChadSteve1975
  • Independence Brew Pub
    by TheBigMan
  • ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo

Independence Brew Pub: The Pub at the train station

by ChadSteve1975 Written Sep 9, 2006

So are you after a pint. After a relaxed atmosphere to drink away, be merry, or just unwind after work. Well then how about this pub. It's really great.

I walked in here for a rest before hitting the tracks home to New Jersey. And when I walked in I thought this was it. exactly what I was after.

The scene is very casual yet classy. Not smelly or grimey. This bar is clean and huge.

I took a seat at the bar and was promply served a beer. Luckily my Australian accent came into play and I met another guy just sitting down for a bite to eat before also taking the train home. It was a great hour of talking. The beer wasn't cheap but it was cold. I wasn't being pushed or prodded by passing foot traffic sitting at the bar. And we could hear conversation freely. Fantastic..

Incidently the guy I met worked for the railway. He said he and other railway people frequented the bar as it was a good spot for a drink. Anyway I just waant to thank this friendly guy for the conversation and the guidance to get me on the right train home. Who said Americans aren't friendly. You just gotta meet the right ones.

Dress Code: Casual after work about 5pm.

Don't be put off by its location.
    • Trains
    • Beer Tasting

• DrexelDragon's Profile Photo

Independence Brew Pub: Good local brews

by DrexelDragon Written Dec 15, 2004

The nite I went with friends we had gotten there early and there was hardly anyone there. I have only been there once, but I don't think it's a place where EVERYONE in town goes. A LOT of people do go there for happy hour. It is a big place. There's plenty of seating and the bar is humungous. The array of beers are quality. I liked the porter. Maybe go back some time to check it out later in the evening.

Dress Code: Whatever, but happy hour sees mostly a business crowd - not that it should really affect how you dress.

• Business Travel
    • Study Abroad

• TheBigMan's Profile Photo

Independence Brew Pub: Independence Brew Pub

by TheBigMan Written Aug 26, 2002

Sells only its own beers on tap, very close to the Reading Terminal Market it is worth a visit while in the area shopping. Very nice Menu too, both if you sit at a table in the restaurant or sitting at the bar looking at the big copper kettles where the beer is brewed

Dress Code: Like most of America this Bar/Restaurant its casual