Know about this? Rate It!
Unique, though a little more mainstream
Peddler's Village in Lahaska (waaaaay outside Philly) was one of my favorite haunts as a child. There are plenty of cute little shops that have been there for years. It's somewhat spoiled by the fact they expanded the shops and put in outlets (but now there are outlets!). It's still fun to stay in PD proper and see the older shops. They also have a lot of great festivals including The Teddy Bear Picnic, The Strawberry Festival and the Scarecrow competition. They have some decent American style restaurants that have seemingly avoided the temptation of inflating prices to gouge tourists. (See, Cock and Bull, Spotted Hog, Hart's and the Pub). One of my favorite places to visit is Morrow's Nut House.
They added a carousel for children about 15 years ago? A must for families.
- Family Travel
Lahaska - Peddlers Village
Peddlers Village is in Lahaska, Bucks County, just north of Philly. Its just a delightful little village of shops which was the inspiration of Earl Hart Jamison in 1962. It used to be a chicken hatchery and barn but Earl transformed them, trying to create an architectural style of colonial America. There are wonderful winding brick paths and manicured gardens in an around the shops.
Peddler's Village At Lahaska
Slice of Americana. Handicrafts are sold in this Philadelphia suburb. Nice place to stroll with families.
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path