Know about this? Rate It!
Lahaska - Peddlers Village
Peddlers Village is in Lahaska, Bucks County, just north of Philly. Its just a delightful little village of shops which was the inspiration of Earl Hart Jamison in 1962. It used to be a chicken hatchery and barn but Earl transformed them, trying to create an architectural style of colonial America. There are wonderful winding brick paths and manicured gardens in an around the shops.
Unique, though a little more mainstream
Peddler's Village in Lahaska (waaaaay outside Philly) was one of my favorite haunts as a child. There are plenty of cute little shops that have been there for years. It's somewhat spoiled by the fact they expanded the shops and put in outlets (but now there are outlets!). It's still fun to stay in PD proper and see the older shops. They also have a lot of great festivals including The Teddy Bear Picnic, The Strawberry Festival and the Scarecrow competition. They have some decent American style restaurants that have seemingly avoided the temptation of inflating prices to gouge tourists. (See, Cock and Bull, Spotted Hog, Hart's and the Pub). One of my favorite places to visit is Morrow's Nut House.
They added a carousel for children about 15 years ago? A must for families.
- Family Travel
Peddler's Village At Lahaska
Slice of Americana. Handicrafts are sold in this Philadelphia suburb. Nice place to stroll with families.
- Family Travel
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Philadelphia Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lake Louise
- Cesu Rajons Hotels
- Rosas Hotels
- Natchitoches Hotels
- Kingsport Hotels
- York Beach
- Fayetteville Off The Beaten Path
- Burma Off The Beaten Path
- Lüneburg Off The Beaten Path
- New Caledonia Off The Beaten Path
- Charlottesville Off The Beaten Path
- Arlington Off The Beaten Path
- Green Sand Beach
- Mont-Tremblant Off The Beaten Path
- Day Trip
- Sucre Off The Beaten Path
- Hualian Off The Beaten Path