20 Mannings, Philadelphia

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Twenty Manning - Rittenhouse Square Area

by Ewingjr98 Written Oct 10, 2011

Twenty Manning, creatively named after its street address, is one of the best restaurants I've tried in Philadelphia. Located just a block or two southwest of Rittenhouse Square, it offers fine dining at high but fair prices.

We attending a wedding rehearsal here, and the group menu was excellent. It offered six or eight appetizers, as many entrees, and a desert sampler for a fixed price (this same selection on the regular menu would have cost $40 to $45, depending on your appetizer and entree selection). We also enjoyed lots of beer and wine. Large groups are seated at a big L-shaped area behind the bar, which can seat about 30.

I started my meal with a beer, then I had the cab cake appetizer (normally $12); this great dish was served with apple slaw, micro greens, and Old Bay-seasoned tartar sauce. For my meal, I selected the steak frites ($25), an absolutely perfectly cooked and seasoned 14 ounce rib eye served with french fries. The desert was a combination of three or four dishes, including the cheesecake, chocolate cake, and a strawberry drizzled in sweet glaze.

The food was top notch, the service awesome, and the restaurant perfect for a classy get together or a nice date.

• SmileyLeSa's Profile Photo

20 Mannings: Try the Ginger Stir Fry

by SmileyLeSa Written Oct 14, 2004

This restaurant is located near Rittenhouse Square. The entrees on the menu are pricey. I had the Ginger Stir-Fry, which was very good. Normally, this place gets pretty crowded. I was there on a Monday night, so it was a nice quiet dinner.

Instant Answers: Philadelphia