Brigid's, Philadelphia

by TheBigMan
  • etfromnc's Profile Photo

Brigid's: Wowww!!

by etfromnc Written May 31, 2007

Unbelievable!! Very tiny but just keeps growing on you. The first time that I was ever in this place acemj took me there for lunch. He had to go back to work and then we were going out that evening so I decided to just hang out at Bridgid's for part of the afternoon. They do have a website, which surprised me because they are actually rather small (They call it cozy.), and they describe themselves as "A cozy, European-style bar and restaurant located in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia, a short walk from the Art Museum." I wonder if Rocky ever ate there. I am not a remarkably gregarious person so my experience might have been quite different had acemj not introduced me to a couple people, my waitress/bartender and one of the cooks but I sat around for a couple hours that afternoon and learned about Fairmount, Philadelphia, and even shared a few of my prior adventures in this fine city.

Favorite Dish: I had Cajun salmon for lunch and it was delicious and only cost $8. They specialize in Belgian beers but I am not an expert on that topic and did not try any. Although they call themselves a European-style restaurant, I never found anything quite like this in Europe. The menu is very broad, ranging from Jalapeno Shrimp to Gnocchi and nothing seemed to be over-priced. The most expensive lunch entrees were $8 with dinner going as high as $18.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bridgid's: My place!!!

by acemj Written Feb 20, 2006

Bridgid's is the place I go to more than any other in Philly. Why? Well, it's only a couple blocks from my house and the food is great. It also has a great Belgian (and plenty of other types) beer selection and a great staff. I know the owner and the chef and most of the staff, so it's truly a great neighborhood, friendly feeling everytime I go here. The ambience is cozy and warm, with a narrow, smoke-free bar and seating upstairs.

Favorite Dish: I've had everything on the menu and it's all a great value. The chef is from Uruguay and the food is internationally influenced. I like the cajun tuna and the pork tenderloin, but everything is really good. The desserts are homemade too. Just ask the bartender for a recommendation and they won't steer you wrong.

• TheBigMan's Profile Photo

Bridgid's: Bridgid's

by TheBigMan Written Aug 26, 2002

This restaurant is Totally Non smoking (smoking is on the sidewalk outside). The Menu Changes as the Items run out, as do the Choices of Beers on Tap. Excelent selection of beers from obscure imports to local and national Microbrew beers.

Favorite Dish: Menu changes every day so real hard to pick something. Always has a great selection of seafood and veggie foods.

Instant Answers: Philadelphia