Broad Street Diner, Philadelphia

Broad Street Diner, Philadelphia PA, USA
    by lewster
  • Broad Street Diner: Bring your own bread

by BigGramdmom Written Dec 31, 2011

This is a newly reopened Diner in South Philly. I used to enjoy lunches there on a regular basis. But it was recently bought by Melrose Diner's owners and reopened undoer the new management, referbished and all around freshened up. The place is beautiful but they are no longer the same comfortable diner I remember. The booths are so cramped that anyone over 200 pounds needs to sit at the counter. Today I saw three different men in three different booths squeeze behind the tables and they couldn't even relax their knees, they were crushed up against the middle bar. For a diner that serves fries, bergers, steaks etc. it certainly doesn't cater to the heftier population.

On the other hand the bergers are good. I had the broiled scrod and it was good too. Good, not great. And what is this thing about not serving bread with the meal?

I don't think I'll be going back any time soon. Some old memories are better left alone.

• Theater Travel
    • Museum Visits

• lewster's Profile Photo

Broad Street Diner: Try a "neighborhoodly" diner!

by lewster Written Apr 1, 2003
    Broad Street Diner, Philadelphia PA, USA

I like this diner because it's away from the "touristy" areas, and thus has a "neighborhoodly" feel to it. Quiet (for a diner), fast service with a smile (except in my experience on New Year's after midnight where it's a mob scene). They're open 24 hours, like all diners should be!

Favorite Dish: I usually order breakfast ... no matter when.

Instant Answers: Philadelphia

Comments

Hotels Near Broad Street Diner
0.1 miles away